Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Re:Non-electric light
Eh? Surely though you cannot have a shade on its own hung form something, what would be the point? Brian
1
1

Combi boilers - how is the mains water heated
Idle wondering as I'm looking at combi boilers and have little working experience of such beasts... Do the use a secondary plate exchanger running the sealed system HW through the plate X or do some...
6
6

Gurgling boiler
The boiler (Worcester Greenstar 30CDi, LPG, non-combi) has started sulking. After a morning of luke-warm showers, I poked my nose into the understairs cupboard it lives in, to find "EA" flashing on...
8
8

Non-electric light
Tesco are offering a range of 'Non-Electric' electric pendant lamps, according to their website. Most puzzling. The 'Electric' ones appear to have separate cable and hanger wires, but how does the...
2
2

Laying loft floor boards
Hi, I am thinking about laying some loft floor boards in the loft space of our converted (into an extra bedroom) garage but am a bit unsure as to the best way forward. The roof trusses are what I...
2
2

Diy jet engine.
Only normal tools needed. Looks fairly deadly. They are simple and you can make one even if you don,t have a workshop and a range of tools, well thats at least what my plan is but will it work or will...
11
11

Electric shower
No 2 son has just bought a small semi. Daughter in law had one shower and the shower has not worked since. It's a Triton T70si. The shower ceiling power switch was diagnosed by an electrician as...
17
17

Making an external door blank
I'm thinking of making a door for an external wood building. Just a simple flat door. Internal frame with ply on both faces. I could use an external door blank but they are expensive and a bit heavy...
2
2

Mobility scooter mods
She has now had to have a mobility scooter, so I'm quite busy modifying that at the moment, to make it more usable for her. I am absolutely astounded at the poor design of them, if this one is...
16
16

Shower mat puzzle
I've recently bought two different types of plastic "bubble" type shower mats, and within about a week, they have turned pink. Anyone else have this problem? Regards, and thanks in advance Syke
11
11

Determining mouse point of ingress.?
As a test for any mouse trouble, a "little nipper" loaded and set , in an out of the way (for humans) but a likely pathway for any mice. Next to a door and a wall ,under a low shelf, so out of sight...
38
38

How do I find a good and efficient tradesman?
I have a lot of hedging and would like it kept trimmed as sharp as my hairdresser does hair. I am having enormous difficulty, I have had peeps come, give me an estimate, promise to return at a later...
11
11

Water meter stopcock hex key (2023 Update)
Hi all, We're in the Thames Water region. About four years ago we had a water meter installed. It's under a plastic cover in the pavement outside the house. I t has built into it a stopcock which has...
12
12

Using Wago lever connectors in a non-Wago box?
I've been very impressed with Wago boxes & lever connectors [1] so far, but on the TLC website I've only seen the one kind of box, which takes T&E (or similar). Is there any reason not to use the Wago...
15
15

Copper pipe - seam???
Never noticed before, but some pipe from my 3 year old stock (BES sourced IIRC) shows what looks like a seam: Curious... I *thought* copper pipe was drawn. Is that a welding seam or just a mark from...
8
8