Subject Author Posted Replies

LED Bulb life outside?
We have several outside lights (5) which are controlled by a automatic switches to come on at dusk, although we generally switch some of them off if we are around, when they are linked to the security...
15
15

anyone here with CCTV camera installation experience?
I have some fixed non-PTZ Dome cameras that support CVBS, AHD, TVI and CVI and several resolution modes of 2MP, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP and 8MP. Now each camera has a OSD menu. This is apparently accessible if...
14
14

Sainsburys self service scales
Now incorporate a camera to automatically select the price for you. (Doesn't do weigh on settle though)
30
30

Painting over water-stained plaster
Thanks to a dislodged roof tile I have a small patch of water staining on a plaster wall painted matt white. I applied a not-very-effective couple of coats of paint over the stains before I remembered...
8
8

Smart Meter Reference Document
I don't know whether this has been posted in here before, but it's a really good (not dumbed down, but equally not too technical) document explaining the technicalities of Smart Meters
2
2

Painting old new plaster
We have a wall which has evidently been replastered some time in the recent-ish past. It was painted, and we repainted (with trade emulsion). The paint has since come off in great sheets to expose the...
15
15

[OT} New desktop part 6.
The duff memory stick (if that's what this post implies), could prevent the system from starting, but there should have been a memory beep if that was the case. The manual has beep codes, but no POST...
8
8

Pairing Ketotek smart switch ?
is fitted with 2 wires - one to LED tube, other to Live. Switch is working perfect in "manual" mode (touch it an light is on off) I have the faceplate off and can see the little blue LED, which I can...
8
8

Need Computer Engineer
At the beginning of November I purchased all the components to build a high end desktop. Once assembled it would not start. During the next three months, a second 850watt power supply was purchased....
38
38

[Cycling] Time Trials + 20 limits = cyclist apoplexy
“Can’t wait for speed limits at the next F1 race in Vegas”: Cyclists and motorists baffled by new “April Fools” 20mph time trial rules THU, FEB 08, 2024 10:47 So, it appears that...
27
27

neff oven lamp
I have had problems with removing the glass cover of the lamp in my oven before, I bought one of these removal tools and got it out with minor difficulty <>Then the next time the lamp blew I could...
36
36

Tools and rust
Back in the old days tools kept in my old shed never rusted, but some of my more recent ones like chisels and the like now do. The daft thing is that even those kept in the house start to go rusty. Do...
11
11

OT: DHL delivery
Yesterday, I was expecting a delivery via DHL. The DHL website told me, at 2 pm, that delivery would be between 18:26 and 19:26, and that a signature would be required. That gave me plenty of time to...
3
3

How Bad Is Water Pollution in Australia?
How Bad Is Water Pollution in Australia? August 15, 2022 As per a study, the primary type of pollution is plastic pollution. And it is estimated as 4,000 tiny plastics per square kilometer of marine...
9
9

So. Back to the W8 to W11 transfer
With the tax return returned, the Internet connection restored, Wife's birthday celebrated, I am back to the job of upgrading my PC. I found a local group who would do the job for £150 so those...
42
42