Subject Author Posted Replies

So. Back to the W8 to W11 transfer
With the tax return returned, the Internet connection restored, Wife's birthday celebrated, I am back to the job of upgrading my PC. I found a local group who would do the job for £150 so those...
42
42

GPS oddity
I had to drive about 40 miles to a friends house today so I fired up the satnav - not because I didn't know the way, but to get earnings about traffic and speed camera, It took about 5 miles to...
59
59

Blown kitchen cabinet doors.
Hi, the doors on the cabinets above the hob have blown with the heat. My plan is to drill some holes from the rear and feed in some adhesive to fix the plastic cover to the mdf again. My question is...
12
12

surveillance cameras
The Parish church is on a sharp bend and more and more often a lorry or trailer or something damages the wall and the railing getting round the corner. The Church Warden gets (expensive) repairs done...
48
48

3D printer?
I need a solid dependable easy to use one for smaller projects. Budget up to about £500. Can assemble. Any reccomendations?
7
7

Polishing perspex - cleaner?
We've just reassmebled a very large (6'h, 4'w, 1'd) perspex cabinet for the historical collection for which I work. The material itself is solid perspex sheets (about 8mm thick), bolted together: it's...
17
17

Budget dashcam - recommendations? Nextbase?
I had a look at the dashcam thread and most responders seem to be using Nextbase. Which models are you using, and why did you chose that particular model, please? I am going abroad in a bit and using...
27
27

This is going to be annoying!
My domestic staff failed to insert her voucher (J. Sainsburys) at the Euro parks paystation and came home. After some discussion she drove back to sort it out. Parked in the same carpark and of course...
21
21

Little (peltier) dehumidifiers
Been running 2 of these since just before Xmas. Prompted by SWMBO having to sleep on a hospital bed in the lounge. No condensation since using them and they are pulling about 1L every 4 days between...
17
17

Rescuing gardening gloves.
I have some cheap fabric and leather gardening gloves (Verve brand from Morrisons) that got wet and now the leather has set so hard they’re unwearable. Is there any simple treatment that will...
15
15

Reversing light(s) options
Does anyone know of an easy reversing light upgrade (for a modern-ish car that currently only has a reversing light on one side of the car). As I am typing, I am thinking of a possible solution (but...
18
18

Birthday present question.
Prompted by one of my daughters, I asked her mother for a list of 79th. (shush!) birthday presents. After a moments thought, she came back with a request for a cable free headphone set for TV. Our...
34
34

Radio 4 Thought For The Day (tonight with Reverend Ottavio of Holy Reformed Church of Lasagna)
Italy (EU) strikes agreement with non-EU but soon-to-be-EU Albania to dump their unwanted illegals over to them. Italian Parliament approves. Albanian Parliament approves. Albania's Supreme Court...
26
26

World Population by Year, 2014-2023
World Population by Year Year...World Population...Net Change 2023....8,045,311,447...70,206,291 2022....7,975,105,156...65,810,005 2021....7,909,295,151...68,342,271...
19
19

OT: Garbage Data Used to Support Climate Change Hoax
On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 22:45:35 +0000, Cursitor Doom <> wrote: ITYM "in the open spaces near (FSVO "near") runways". What's preposterous about that? What do you suppose happens to hot exhaust gases from...
45
45