Subject Author Posted Replies

Toroidal transformer
Need a toroidal mains 50VA 2x10v transformer for a project. Found a stock one some years ago, but can't now so may have to get one made. Any info on the best place? 2x9v does work, but the device...
38
38

Hoverboards & Segways
Must admit, the technology is awesome. Who would have thought it possible a few years ago. Another thing I find amazing - CRT Colour TV. How on earth did we get the technology so refined that we could...
35
35

Hotpoint Dryer Recall
I read about the recall for these items recently, so I went onto the Hotpoint website to find out more. I was armed with my data sheet with model and serial numbers. The website gave no information on...
8
8

What is corrosive to pipework ?
I will be boxing in an area of pipework that comes out of the pipe stack. It has PVC waste, copper pipe and also flexi plastic water pipe. I want to seal the holes around the pipework before I box it...
8
8

Monitoring Win7 Disk Retries
I've recently (in the last 6 months) had two Win7 systems where the C: drive has failed. Symptoms are, system slows down and the drive activity light seems to be on for an inordinate amount of time....
9
9

Draught excluder
I have a 900mm wide door that has a 30mm gap between bottom of door and floor. Cant seem to find any draught excluders for this. Any ideas where I could get this ? thanks Joe.
4
4

Hydraulic pressure (gauge) question.
Hi All, Just checking some stuff with the panel. I've had a Machine Mart 12 tonne - floor standing hydraulic press for some years now and a while back the pointer fell off the pressure gauge. The...
18
18

Flooding
I see floods all over the news. Why should sensible people like me who didn't buy a house in a flood plain have to foot the bill for those that did? The government is paying millions to "victims" of...
62
62

Thick laminate and hollow bathroom door?
Ah. Just thought of this. Fitting thick laminate in the bathroom this weekend. Forgot about the door. Its a hollow cheap door so I guess Im limited in how much I can saw off the bottom? Any way around...
10
10

OT: hot water tank seam leaking after new support shelf
A local firm with has just replaced a Hot water (immersion) tank in our small studio flat. The reason was because the existing "shelf" was bending under the weight. They did the shelf work ok but now...
20
20

Underlay with water-resistant bathroom laminate floor
Bought some decent laminate floor for the bathroom. Pretty thick stuff - rubber on bottom. Are there any issues with type of underlay that needs to be used for this? For example, any reason why I...

OTish WEb problem accessing page
I can access the MCOL (Money Claim On-line) website - but when I click on log-in it goes to the Government Gateway and then times out. When I go straight to the Government Gateway website: It again...
5
5

OT - who lives in Kent?
The Romans are returning, Mr Streeter!!! Opps, no it's the Frogs. Taittinger will become the first French champagne company to produce bubbly in the UK after buying farmland in Kent. The company has...
5
5

OT If you're into machine guns.
New super accurate almost recoiless MG. ItemFix - Social Video Factory
30
30

OT: Hybrid bus
The bus route I use most often - ie not often - here has just got new hybrid buses. Not the Boris bus. Was on one tonight - well after rush hour so it moved along, rather than crawling in traffic. I...
6
6