Draught excluder

I have a 900mm wide door that has a 30mm gap between bottom of door and floor. Cant seem to find any draught excluders for this. Any ideas where I could get this ?

thanks Joe.

Reply to
Joe

That's some gap, have you had a threshold removed? Secure a batten to the bottom edge of the door to take out some of the gap allowing a draught excluder to be fitted.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Its an old house - was like that when we moved in. Was thinking the same about the batten. Cheers.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I'd fit wood. Rubber & foam are only useful for small gaps.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How much of the 30mm is needed to actually open the door? Or is the gap mostly due to wear at the centre of the door opening?

On an outside door you have the option of one of the spring loaded hinge type with a rubber seal that comes down when the door is closed and in theory opens again when the door is opened. Sometimes catching or sticking if the door hasn't been opened for a while.

Otherwise if you have plenty of free space my suggestion would be one of the brush type (eg):

Screwfix have some garage door ones which might do good for nearly 3" gap if memory serves but could well look a bit industrial in a home.

Reply to
Martin Brown