Garage door draught excluder

Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thus spake The Medway Handyman ( snipped-for-privacy@nospamblueyonder.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

:-)

Still, if you're being paid to do it, who cares...

Reply to
A.Clews

cos people like to keep their expensive cars nice and warm at night?

me, my car sits on the drive, ok the motorbikes go in the garage, but the rest of it is my workshop, so having it pretty draught free is a bonus, but with the gap under the door blocked off i'd have nowhere to sweep the sawdust and wood shavings under.

Reply to
gazz

The gap is 45mm? Could you not screw a bit of wood along its length and then attach a brush strip to the inside.

Reply to
WhoDunnit

If the gap cant be coverd by a 2" wide brush then keeping leaves, rain and other muck out is most likely.

Think I'd look at fitting something for the bottom of the door or a smaller brush on the bootom of the door to close against. Even a 1" high step will do a lot to stop rain driving in.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave, I think 45 mm wide would be too big a gap for it without some sort of spacer but how about this product -

PAJ

Because the garage is integral and you want to reduce heat losses?

Reply to
Peter Johnson

A strip of plastic damp proof course membrane (Wickes £6.19 for 30m) fixed to the bottom of the door with a strip of aluminium has been keeping the leaves and litter out of my garage for 18 years and it's cheap and easy to replace (only once!)

see

Peter Andrews

Any use?

Doesn't look to have enough gap capacity - but maybe in conjunction with something else... ?

Reply to
Rod

I would be inclined to make the gap smaller to start with.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Thanks