Subject Author Posted Replies

Mouse advice please
We are looking after a friend's house and it has a mouse infestation. At the moment we are trying poison - empty house so no problem with kids or pets. However, after the short term fix (if it works)...
39
39

Worcester Bosch Boiler repairs
offers same day boiler repairs at an affordable covered London, Surrey and Kent. Experienced boiler repair engineer who worked for Worcester Bosch boiler manufacturer.Over the years thousands of...
11
11

jump starter battery
Hello, A few years ago I bought one of those portable jump starters in a sale from Maplin. I think it was this one: It never got used for jump starting, nor for anything else for that matter, and...
67
67

Zone valve question
My mum and dad had no heating last week, but they did have hot water, so I went to see if I could fix it. Their CH is a bit strange, I think. They have no main room thermostat, but each radiator has a...
9
9

Telephone linebox question (NTE5)
We had a thunderstorm on Sunday night. Spectacular lightening all around us. I saw it approaching and disconnected the TV and computer etc. Fully expected a power cut, but it didn't. But on...
12
12

sodastream cylinder threads
Hello, I have found my old soda stream. It is a Gemini model that I bought about 15 years ago. Am I right to think that soda stream changed the design of the gas cylinders (something to do with a...
26
26

OT Better than watching paint dry.
What is ItemFix? (video) - ItemFix

April's DIY successes and failures so far
The quarterlight. The wind was howling once I reached any speed above 30mph. The quarterlight on the Transit was loose. The noise was dreadful; you couldn't have a conversation. I applied silicone...
2
2

Green value for money
From: "Taxpayers have been left with a £17,000 bill for every household that signed up to the Government?s failed flagship energy efficiency scheme, the Green Deal. Ministers wasted a total of £240...
1
1

Control4 home automation or alternative
I'm toying with the idea of utilising Control4 kit in the extension/Cinema Room/Grow Room ;) After having an insightful chat a few months back with a home automation chap; being able to go into the...

pressure washer patio cleaner attachment
Hello, Some time ago I bought the parkside (lidl own brand) patio cleaner attachment for my pressure washer. I think it is this one, or one like it: I have never had much luck with it. The arm does...
19
19

Leatherjackets in lawn
Following my previous post about Magpies finding a portion of my front lawn irresistible, and receiving the suggestion of "leatherjackets" I looked them up, and looked at the lawn, and agree with the...
6
6

Concealed door restrictor - unusual size?
A concealed door restrictor for our wooden french doors onto the garden came of worse after a child and wind related incident. Trying to find a replacement though with no success. The overall length...
5
5

Small wire cutters/snippers - recommendations?
I used to have a really useful set of very small wire snips - a Swedish make (Lindtrom). Good for getting into tight spaces for cutting thin wires. [Note: just found a small pair of needle nosed...
27
27

Re-finishing teak.
Have a pair of speakers (80s) with that fairly standard teak veneer on ply which was very common once. Have a few scratches and some sun bleaching. What would be the best way to make them look more...
10
10