Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Fed Dibnah's house
A fairly recent video of Fred's house and workshop. A rather sad and poignant view of what has happened to it in the 18 years since he died. <> FRED DIBNAH'S HOUSE 2022 (Unique insight) Exclusive Many...
3
3

Clonning HDD to SSD - no boot
My old laptop is becoming rather sluggish and I thought to try swapping the HDD for an SSD. HDD 1Gb SSD is a Crucial 500Mb. Laptop Acer has 8Mb memory, running Win10. HDD has around 150Mb of data on...
29
29

Heat distribution around home
The home being a bungalow. Noticing a 3C differential between ends of the house, and not wanting to heat one end at ludicrous energy prices, what's most cost effective way to get air to move around...
43
43

OT: Electric cars
The secret genius of modern life: Prof. Hanna Fry; Episode 4 Electric Car. An absolutely fascinating programme. Repeat still available on BBC2 8th Dec. 02.40; set your recorders, or alternatively,...
170
170

Strange Error log entry for BDnet.sys with Win10Pro/32
I notice this error being logged recently and Google says it is something to with Bullguard security, but I have never installed anything with this name. Does anyone know what it is ?. Should I just...
1
1

Rant: Amazon high speed money transfer, but only in one direction.
I ordered an item from Amazon Sarl marked up for delivery tomorrow, but when the order was placed it had shifted to delivery on 23rd December. I cancelled the order and now have to wait up to 5 days...
8
8

More on (Chip in house window). Using Superglue
My previous Post on Nov 29 (Circular chip in double glazed window ) left me confused because of some of the different suggestions. I then bought a rainex car windscreen repair kit; but then decided...
11
11

SOT: Logi Options+
I see this program (for the wireless mouse and keyboard) is delaying the shutdown of Windows 10. Is there any point in having it or is Windows perfectly capable of managing these devices? Thanks
12
12

Self-levelling over floor boards
The restoration of my bungalow has now reached the stage where flooring can go down. The floors are mostly smooth concrete but the two front rooms are timber-floored. This was probably because it was...
9
9

OT, Memo to myself: don't buy crap earbuds just because it's Bl*ck Friday
Bought some (W)Anker earbuds at half price on mamazon, but they were rubbish. Full refund, yes, but waste of time for me and mamazon. I wonder if mamazon really makes money from Bl*ck Friday...
12
12

OT: Shopping channels and plug in radiators
If i'm bored I sometimes put a shopping channel on to amuse me in the background. Currently Ideal World are trying to convince me to sack off my CH and buy 2kw plug in rads instead, at a mere £200...
29
29

OT Quiz - New van how many miles until it broke down?
68 plate Peugeot with 47K on the clock so new to me. I got it last night and it's a 20 mile journey home from work where I picked it up and it got me to work this morning. And today it broke down....
35
35

3-way light switching using SPST switches
I want to re-purpose a couple of existing SPST switches and wiring to provide 2-way switching of a light. At the moment the only way I can think of doing this is to have the switches operate relays...
31
31

i-pad and Zoom.
I host a Zoom meeting that an elderly friend attends. 99 years old last week, and getting a bit senile. I get emails saying he has logged into the meeting several times a week - and the meeting is...
16
16

Updating a 2nd hand PC to Win10 after total disk wipe
Local charity shop has a Win 7/64 Pro PC in for sale. It has a Gen 13 i3 with 4 Gig ram, etc, so cannot be too archaic. Onboard graphics and 500G hard disk, plus DVD rewriter but no obvious branding...
18
18