OT, Memo to myself: don't buy crap earbuds just because it's Bl*ck Friday

Bought some (W)Anker earbuds at half price on mamazon, but they were rubbish. Full refund, yes, but waste of time for me and mamazon. I wonder if mamazon really makes money from Bl*ck Friday considering the high amount of returns.

Reply to
Simon Ferrol

I bought a radio stick player in their sale and it was so awkward to use as a blind person I got a refund. I do wish designers of small devices would make buttons feel different, I cannot be the only blind person who wants to listen to the radio or usb ram with music on. We are an aging population bad eyesight comes with the territory. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No eyesight problems, but I do like things to have an obvious 'feel' to operate them without needing to look. A TV remote, with far too many buttons, where my attention would be on the TV, has a 'select' button in the middle, which was difficult to find by feel. I heated a pin-head, and melted a pip into the button.

A fancy comms radio at the side of my bed, which includes a one hour sleep button, mixed in with no less than 40 other control buttons. I normally need to use the sleep button in the dark, but a simple solution

- add a small blob of bluetack to the button.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

cheer yourself up but one of these

Jim gm4dhj ...

I buy nothing that I can't operate by feel...hate touch screens

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

This magnificent documentary series

the amazon ep makes the point that Bezos doesnt care if they make money on every aspect of what amazon does, its all about massive volume crippling the opposition and allowing amazon to monster their suppliers into much lower wholesale prices than otherwise.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You could get real radical and get an Echo Dot or Google Home Mini and ask it for what you want to listen to. Or even use siri on your iphone.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have a wireless central heating thermostat and all the functions are configured or operated by buttons. The buttons only work if you press them for the very briefest of time and only very lightly. Hold them in for any longer and they don't respond. Anyone being heavy fingered would assume that the device is broken.

The device is re-branded RF 205 Duostat.

Reply to
alan_m

Is that the kind that loses all the settings (channel presets) when the batteries fail or are changed?

Reply to
alan_m

But you always were a dinosaur luddite.

Reply to