Subject Author Posted Replies

DAB antenna problem
Bloke is going to fit my SONY DAB car radio into my 159 and fit the antenna to the windscreen, but he says that he cannot use the same antenna to feed my Nuvicam's DAB traffic 3.5mm socket. Why not?
48
48

Push button booze coming?
Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is a really big problem, and although we have a number of possible solutions to our impending climate-change crisis, none of them show great promise on the kind of...
1
1

OT: Odd medical (?) head protuberance
I was in a tea room recently (Blue Pool, Dorset) and the chap on the next table had a very odd 'appendage' sticking out of his head behind his left ear. At first I thought that it was an ear mounted...
6
6

Damaged Chipboard carcass on bathroom unit
We have a bathroom cabinet which still looks nice with the exception that part of one side of the cabinet has the chipboard slightly exposed due to slight damage to the veneer. It would be difficult...
4
4

'Double locking' a DG front door?
Hi all, Trying to help an elderly neighbour with what may or may not be an actual issue. She has an Everest fitted Union brand lock mech on her DG ally front door and says that she normally double...
17
17

Electrical, but needs painting!
I need to paint the soffit boards but there are 3ph + N cables mounted there (overhead mains power). I can make up a secure insulated cradle for these (+insulating covers) - but am I right in thinking...
4
4

Electronics question
To provide backup during power cuts (to my shame I can't live without broadband) I'm thinking of buying one these: It's a UPS circuit designed to charge a lead acid battery (not supplied) and to...
27
27

Combi microwave question
I have a Sharp Combi Microwave oven (R-959MA) which has always given good service. However, recently when using it on Convection only, as a normal oven, I felt the food was under-cooked. On checking...

Oven extractor outlet into passage
I'm about to fit an oven hob filter/extractor (of the non-recirculating typ e) and would prefer to have the outlet exit horizontally but that means it' ll goto into a void between my neighbours wall...
7
7

covered passageway
I wonder if I'll get any response to this one? My daughter wishes to have the 1.5m wide passageway between her house wall and single storey garage covered in with some clear corrugated PVC. The...
17
17

OT: blushing
Does anyone actually blush? I thought this was an old wives' tale. I've never, and have never seen anyone else, change the colour of their face due to embarrassment.
19
19

OT The Holy Day
Saturday the 15th of October 2016. The Day of all Days. Not one phone call or one text. The first time that this has happened to me in the last 10 years. Nothing - no work calls and no family of...
2
2

Cleaning oven exhaust fan
Have an electric fan oven which has an vent fan mounted above the grill element. In terms of construction it resembles a boiler fan, not surprisingly it is absolutely caked in burnt on grease. The...
6
6

Burglar alarm bell box
Probably a daft question, but I wanted to check... I noticed earlier today that the top of the alarm bell box is missing! Old and brittle plastic? A search on Ebay comes up with what seems to be a...
15
15

Homebase
Just popped into our local Homebase for a couple of run of the mill things. There does seem a lot more useful stuff around and less fluffy cushions (a lthough there are still some around). There seems...
6
6