10mm speedfit pipe

Hi,

Im after about 5m of 10mm speedfit plastic pipe, but i dont really want to have to buy a whole 25m coil of the stuff.

Does anyone have any they dont want/ know of anywhere i can get shorter lengths.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Trueman

Surely someone must have a few meters of the stuff i can buy. ????

Reply to
Mark Trueman

Try some local plumbers merchants. I recently bought about 10m of 15mm Hep2O pipe from one local to me...which they just cut from a roll and charged me appropriately.

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Most good plumbers merchants will cut to length off a 100m roll.

Reply to
G&M

There cant be any good plumbers merchants round here then, been in a few this lunchtime and they all want to sell me a 50m reel, wont cut the reel.

Looking for alternative supply......

Reply to
Mark Trueman

Speedfit will fit onto copper pipe. Use copper.

Reply to
IMM

Copper will kill inverts when placed in a marine fish tank

Use plastic

Reply to
Mark Trueman

How long do you need and where are you roughly ?

Reply to
G&M

Im in Luton, Beds. Need 4-5 meters of it.

Reply to
Mark Trueman

The local B&Q warehouse (Hedge End, Soton) has 10mm speedfit in 2 metre lengths. This is one of the big trade B&Qs, you may find it at a trade B&Q in your area.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Long way away I'm afraid. Anybody local to there help ?

Reply to
G&M

Ive been in a few B+Qs, both the big trade ones and the smaller ones, and the 10mm is only available on the reel. You must have a reasonably good B+Q by you for them to cut it off the reel and sell it in sections.

Reply to
Mark Trueman

This isn't cut off the reel, it's pre-cut (straight) lengths. It is an unusual B&Q compared to all the others in the area, much bigger with a dedicated trade counter and some of the staff actually know what they are talking about.

The only other B&Q I have seen of the same size is in St Helen's.

Reply to
Steve Firth