10mm copper pipe inserts??

Hi all,
I was under the impression that pipe inserts at compression joints were only needed with plastic piping, to keep the pipe wall rigid. However, I've been sent some brass inserts for use with 10mm copper piping (which I wouldn't have thought needed any extra rigidity.) We don't use inserts for 15mm pipe joints unless it's plastic pipe, so is it due to the smaller diameter of the pipe? Do smaller diameters of copper pipe require brass inserts or is it the type of joint that dictates if they should be used or not?
ta, cd
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:27:38 +0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote:

Ordianry 15 mm copper tube is "half hard" and comes in rigid straight lengths.
10 mm copper is probably "soft" and comes in a coil that you unroll and bend (gently) by hand. Not surprised that soft copper would require an insert.
--
Cheers
Dave.