Source for length of microbore pipe?

I need 13m of 10mm copper microbore pipe for a job; 47 squids from Screwfix for 25m isn't very attractive as I'm unlikely to need the rest any time soon. Any suggestions as to where I can get shorter lengths at a decent price? (I'm assuming that plumper's merchants won't sell the stuff by the metre?)

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

eBay the surplus?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think the last coil I bought came from

Unless you can find some shorter bits on Ebay I think it'll be a coil of nothing

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

If there's any way to adjust downwards your required length Wickes sell a

10 metre length 10mm x 10m at £23.98. Can you start or end your run with 15mm?

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I've just looked at the BES prices ....I don't recall it being so expensive ...£43.20 + Vat...when I bought it but I have checked my account and it was so Screwfix might be cheaper altho' I bought the coated stuff . They do sell some short lengths but not in 10mm unfortunately .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

I didn't know you could get plumpers at a merchant, but some will be glad of that.

Seriously, you can easily buy it by the metre at any decent suppliers, especially these days.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's an offshoot to places that sell pillows and duvets ...It's a special home service !!

Do they ....take it off the coil ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Usenet Nutter saying something like:

Snip, snip and Bob's yer auntie.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes, he would be wouldn't he - becomes Bobina presumably.. Or is it done with an .... oh don't bother.

Reply to
robgraham

My local central heating spares shop sell it by the yard. I would expect most to.

Reply to
Tinkerer

My local central heating spares shop sell it by the yard. I would expect most to.

Reply to
Tinkerer

microbore

you can, but you end up paying the same for half the amount

NT

Reply to
NT

Just bought a 1 mtr length from my local plumbers merchant (not one of the big ones). He just cut it off a coil, cost was about thirty bob. He did mention though that he doesn't sell much 10mm these days and because it's going out of fashion it's getting harder to get hold of.

Pete K.

Reply to
petek

This is cheaper than Wickes .