Faulty creda oven fan

Okay, so last night the fan in our creda fan oven finally gave up the ghost.

Recently, it has been prone to "getting stuck" and requring a plastic implement poked through the slots at the back to get it started.

However, it now seems to spin free when prodded by hand but does not spin of its own accord at all. And as any fule no a fan oven with no working fan is actually worse than a non-fan oven due to the position of the heating element.

So, can anyone suggest any likely causes, before I take the thing apart?

Reply to
xenelk

Well, if his motor's the same as mine, there's little to go wrong on them and just 'cause it can't spin doesn't mean it'll burn out like a brushed motor.

Reply to
Scott M

Well it's only been giving me the hints for about a week, and I just haven't had the time to deal with it (work plus 1001 other jobs).

Anyway getting a bloke from creda out to fix it is costing about £100 and that is worth it to save the hassle of doing it myself and stops the earache from 'er indoors.

Mark

Reply to
xenelk

I often while away my weekends and evenings in what I view as pointless activities such as cleaning up the motor in the oven and the two extractor fan motors in the bathrooms so they all run quietly. I look upon this as filling up the time until retirement (what, still another

30 years? Damn!) and not of any real value. After all, who would pay me tuppence to dismantle, in my case, a 15 year old oven? So your post has, rather perversely, cheered me up in showing that I've saved an amount rather on the rich side of tuppence!
Reply to
Scott M

Well, there are basically two failure modes, coil burned out or bearings dried out

Reply to
raden