Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - train tickets
I'm sorry about the off-topic, but I thought one of you might know the answer. I've just booked a train ticket for my husband, to be picked up at the station. It's my credit card account, he's an...
21
21

Carbon Monoxide Spillage on my boiler
Baxi WM 51/3RS Boiler. Can I get this repaired and how?
10
10

Installing oven
I've just installed a single oven. The previous one had a 13 amp plug, so I simply wired up the new oven the same way. It's a single oven, with "Energy consumption 0.79 kWh", which doesn't seem too...
25
25

how to shower
Many of us here subscribe to Big Clive Mitchell's channel
2
2

Humane way to repel mice (or big mouse trap)
I suspect I have a problem with mice and don't want to kill them. Any suggestions on how to repel them? I've tried two different types of humane trap but neither caught a mouse.
18
18

LED ceiling panel
Just installed a couple in the kitchen ceiling. I done most of the work from 1st floor. While I have the floorboards up should I create a fireproof box/surround/enclosure (plasterboard), I am just...
5
5

Old fireplace identification
I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify...
7
7

Question on weight distribution
Hi all, So I've got this estate car with a GVW of 2300kg. Obviously most of that weight is towards the front where the engine etc is, especially when it's unladen. I want to order 4 of those...
7
7

Clever electrical scheme
Just replacing a bathroom light fitting. Running from it in the opposite direction to the standard 1.5sqmm T&E supplying it is a single core 1.5sqmm red cable (proper PVC outer sleeve and everything)....
5
5

[OT] 3.5mm stereo to mono adapter with switch?
I'm looking for an adapter which goes from a 3.5mm stereo plug to 3.5mm mono socket similar to this: However I want the adapter to provide a mono/stereo switch. Ideally one solid piece including the...
86
86

wood to plastic glue
I have a plastic lid to a 30L container: I want to stiffen up lid with plywood disc .... either side Thought it would make sense to glue and through bolt ..... Anybody know of a glue that will work...
12
12

Dash Cam (again)
I'm thinking of upgrading the very cheap camera in the car after an incident (now resolved) where a recording showing accurate time and place would have been useful. Looking on ebay, I see a few...
14
14

Replace fence posts without disturbing fence
I've got a six foot high wooden fence..... a proper constructed one and not a fence panel one. Its got 4"x"4" posts, several of which are quite badly rotten just below the surface. How easy is it to...
12
12

Car battery jumper packs
Been toying with the idea of getting one of these battery pack jumper thingies like this one on the Bay of Fleas: Any preferred brands? Does that one look like a good one? Are they worthwhile or just...
30
30

Baxi wm51/3rs boiler. Pilot light keeps going out.
Pilot lights manually but once heating and water is hot enough pilot light goes out.