Which glue?

Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a thin film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in unsuitable for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear silicone. Any other recommendations?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I use E6000 for glass-to-glass and glass-to-metal (fused-glass / jewellery etc.) I'm not that bothered by the solvent, it's no worse in terms of smell than the old-fashioned evo-stik / bostik products - and it's an excellent glue. Gentle heat can be used to drive the solvent off faster, if that helps? Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

The E6000 solvent is Tetrachloroethylene, which has modest exposure levels. The nose is extremely sensitive to the stuff.

Fredxxx

A cooker extractor works quite well as long as its either vented or has a good carbon filter in it.

Reply to
dennis

I have just bought a tube of glass cement from Wilkinsons. It needs exposure to ultra violet to harden it. I only bought it in case it might be suitable for anything where other glues fail. I haven't actually used it but maybe you could try it.

Reply to
Dave W

thanks, I'll look into that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then I wouldn't worry about it. That's not very toxic - might cause cancer. Or might not...

But Wiki agrees with my memory - don't smoke near it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

As I said the solvent is no go. We went with low mod silicone, seems to do the job ok. Thanks everyone.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr