Subject Author Posted Replies

finding stuff in gmail
I'm trying to find old gmails, knowing the source name. All the help files, blogs etc. say: just type the name or text into the search box at the top of the gmail page. However, I don't have a search...
7
7

OT: Powerbank & air travel question
I have a 12,000 mAh lithium ion power bank that we keep in the motorhome for emergency jump starts. We'd quite like to take it on a trekking holiday as a power supply. The problem is, BA lists...
53
53

OT: Smart meters...not very!
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Watt the f... Dim smart meters caught simply making up readings • The Register
36
36

LED 'retrofit' tubes
After a surprisingly argumentative earlier thread, I am letting you know that - after supply difficulties - my Philips LED Instant Fit tubes are due for delivery tomorrow. I will post a review then.
13
13

laminate floor on slightly uneven slanting floor.
I'm looking to lay some laminate boards on a concrete floor. The floor has some minor deviations from a straight line of approximately max deviation of 3mm over 2.4m. This is just beyond recommended...
5
5

laser levels
Going to be a bit fiddly getting a tripod mounted one up that high, some can be magnet mounted to a chunk of metal screwed to the wall.
29
29

British Gas WR1
I change the batteries on my thermostat & followed the instructions, I just want to find out if the ON should be always green (on) or not? Because mine do have green light but the boiler is working....
8
8

Repair a brick
What is the best way of repairing a broken brick. Corner knocked off one - by bashing it with a ladder. Out of normal contact but I don't want it to fall off and get damaged / lost.
2
2

Shocking Video: Man Pulls Scaffolding Over onto Busy Street
Shocking Video: Man Pulls Scaffolding Over onto Busy Street [g] A shocking video showing a unidentified man dismantling the bottom lift of a scaffold and then purposely pulling the scaffold over onto...
9
9

Touch dimmer lamp breaks when bulb fails
I bought a couple of desk lamps with touch setting for 3 levels of brightness. One lamp got knocked over causing the bulb and fuse to both blow. I replaced the fuse and bulb but the lamp doesn't work....
8
8

Dumb fan convector?
I am starting the installation of the central heating at the Bungalow (aka "Squidville")... The conservatory has UFH pipes and the whole system will be controlled by a HeatGenius Z Wave system. The...
9
9

Tow Bar Electrics 7 or 13 pin plug
For many years I have used 7 pin plugs and sockets for the lights on my trailers. The main problem I encounter is corrosion on the socket, as I don't use it very often, maybe one or twice a year. Now...
119
119

Garden wall.
The brickwork has been repaired and quickly. With reinforcing rods in the pillars. Didn't see it being done - but they're doing it all under warranty which is good news. Got me thinking. Wouldn't it...
1
1

Small, decorative, lift-off hinges - proper name, supplier?
I'm after some small (probably 1" or 1.5" or thereabouts) decorative lift off hinges for some panels behind which I need access on my boat. I'm after the sort that you can mount with most of the hinge...
13
13

Acoustic wall panels
To help someone install his home office to support video and audio conferencing, I've been trying to find acoustic wall panels that would be easy for a local builder to obtain and fit. We want to end...
9
9