100A isolator?

I'm in the process of rewiring the house, and having noted all the comments, would like to fit a 100A isolator.

I'd just like some comments on this:

Isolator placed between meter and Henley block (there's a Henley block on the end of the meter tails already, although it's a bit small and I will be replacing it). From the Henley block, tails to two or three consumer units (it's a tall narrow space, so I can't get a bigger CU in there).

If that's OK, next question. Can anyone recommend a source for a suitable isolator? All I've found is a 2 or 4 position consumer unit box with a 100A DP switch in it....perhaps I'm looking at the wrong suppliers (RS, TLC, CPC). If that is a reasonable solution, presumably I ignore the busbar and just wire into top and bottom of the switch...

Reply to
Bob Eager

"Bob Eager" wrote | I'm in the process of rewiring the house, and having noted all the | comments, would like to fit a 100A isolator. | If that's OK, next question. Can anyone recommend a source for a | suitable isolator? All I've found is a 2 or 4 position consumer unit | box with a 100A DP switch in it....perhaps I'm looking at the | wrong suppliers (RS, TLC, CPC). If that is a reasonable solution, | presumably I ignore the busbar and just wire into top and bottom | of the switch...

The Wylex 100A switchfuse is at

a 3-phase switch only is actually half the price
one phase for L and one phase for N and *label the terminals*

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, considered that...would be fairly reasonable as it's a 4 terminal cutout...outer left for L and outer right for N...

Thanks...

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's (nearly) the cheapest way to do it - you can get DIN boxes without busbar from CPC & a bare 100A DP switch for approx £14 I use them for mounting 63A x 100ma DP Switch/RCDs.

Reply to
Chris Oates

no more that £50-60 IIRC.

John

Reply to
John

That may be the solution. The Wylex one is nice, but it's also rather large in the limited space I have.

Reply to
Bob Eager

How about: RS 419-555 100A Switch disconnector 8quid+vat RS 341-4632 Terminal Cover 3quid+vat - includes a din rail to mount the switch. Small & cheap

Reply to
fred

Thanks...looks roughly equivalent to the CPC thing mentioned before. Guess it'll be from whoever I next place an order with!

Reply to
Bob Eager