Mains isolator

I'm looking for a 2 pole standalone mains isolator (like the ones typically installed by elec supply companies on domestic supplies to allow the users to totally isolate their CU.

Can anyone recommend a make/model, where to buy, how much...

thanks Andy

Reply to
ac1951

At

MK5500 MK5502

Or there's a switchfuse at about 100 quid!

Reply to
Bob Eager

ac1951 coughed up some electrons that declared:

Assuming you want to put tails directly in, this is without a doubt a very suitable part:

REC2S).

I've got one (but not from them). Nice features are:

It's small.

It's designed to take tails.

The load-side terminals are protected by a little separate cover so once it's in, you can work on "your" side quite safely.

It's what some of the RECs use (clue from the part number!)

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I have a MEM/EATON 100A double pole isolator as typically fitted by an elec supply company. Fitted but never used as I had to change it for a fused isolator. email me for details.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> (Wylex REC2S).

Ooh Eer missus

Not when the knob head from the electric co puts the tails from the meter into the top of the isolator :-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

I think I noticed that the cover might be reversible after the fact.

Still, can't get the staff can you...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

It is reversible after you have cut the seals that the electric co put on the screws. Sort of defeats the object in a way.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

I assume it's after the meter - in which case why did they seal it?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Seconded, I got mine for about a fiver on eBay.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Talk to your supplier first - mine (South Wales) offered me one _installed_ for some trivial sum like 30 or 40 quid! Surprised me too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley coughed up some electrons that declared:

I can add that EDF (Seeboard area) categorically don't. But they said the meter operator in the London LEB area "might".

Reply to
Tim S

Called Eon yesterday and they told me to call Central networks who told me to call Powergen (who are part of Eon!) Anyway good news is they are coming to fit an isolator on the 12th between 8am and 1pm and the better news is that it's a FOC service...

Reply to
ac1951