Electrical - CU meter tail size for new isolator fitting

The elec co are soon to fit an isolator at the output of their meter (domestic installation). The meter supplies the CU and and a 9.5kw shower I will then replace the meter tails to both these items from the isolator. Afaik these tails should be 25mm2 - is this the correct size? (Two sets of 25mm tails, one pair for CU the other for shower) . I guess I might have to fit a Henley block to the isolator output depending on whether it can take 2x25mm ends per terminal. thanks

Reply to
dave

25mm2 is the correct size for supplies upto 100A and is also the usual modern size.

No you will not get 2 tails in one isolator terminal so you will need a Henley block.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, 25mm is the correct size. And you'll need a 16mm 'earth' conductor to match.

The isolator won't take more than one tail, so you'll definitely need a Henley block.

(did my own isolator years ago)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thx. I was told Eon would do it for free. In the event, they use another company - who charge £80 (inc vat :-) ) for fitting the isolator.

Reply to
dave

You could DIY it for less.

Reply to
ARW

On a related point, where could I get a half convincing seal for the Board's fuse if I pull it to replace the CU, and/or fit an isolator?

I know some DIYers wouldn't worry about re-sealing it.

Mine has "MA" embossed on it.

Graham.

Not only didn't I bother replacing mine (nothing was mentioned afterwards, it was only replaced at next meter change) but I think providing a hooky seal is worse than simply removing the old one ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

You need not bother. No one will notice or give a toss about a cut seal.

Reply to
ARW

If it was the large round style I'd be more concerned that some one might notice but not that lead ferrule sort.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , ARW writes

I'd pulled our main fuse a few years ago.

Recently, UK Power Networks replaced our electricity supply cable (they are gradually undergrounding the supplies on our street).

The chap didn't bat an eye lid at the missing seal, just put on a new one when he repalced the fuse.

Reply to
Chris French