1/4 turn ceramic disc basin taps

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps? Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no longer manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart but they can't supply them any more. C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No idea of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread that it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long, including a 9mm dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top that fit into the operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the information.

Thanks

Reply to
SilverWrinkly

Take the old one along to a decent plumber merchant and see what they have. I suspect that these parts are fairly standard.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

DG

Reply to
The Central Authority

...other than it usually turns the other way...

To the OP - what is up with it, is it dripping or has it gone stiff?

Our bathroom basin taps went stiff, so I took the cartridge apart and cleaned and re greased the spindle, works like new now :-)

If you do need a replacement, make sure you take the handle with you too, as the spindles are different sizes.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Depending in tap design hot and cold might be "handed". Our kitchen mono block 1/4 turn jobbie has both hot and cold turned on by moving the top of the tap handle away from you. Hot is clockwise on, cold is anticlockwise on.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not with quarter turn ceramic cartridges. They have to be 'handed'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed - but you can often convert them by taking the discs out and putting them back the other way round.

Reply to
Roger Mills