1/4 turn ceramic disc basin taps

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps? Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no longer manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart but they can't supply them any more. C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No idea of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread that it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long, including a 9mm dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top that fit into the operating lever.
If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the information.
Thanks
On 3 Dec 2006 13:44:48 -0800, SilverWrinkly wrote:

Take the old one along to a decent plumber merchant and see what they have. I suspect that these parts are fairly standard.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".
DG

...other than it usually turns the other way...
To the OP - what is up with it, is it dripping or has it gone stiff?
Our bathroom basin taps went stiff, so I took the cartridge apart and cleaned and re greased the spindle, works like new now :-)
If you do need a replacement, make sure you take the handle with you too, as the spindles are different sizes.
Sparks...
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:09:59 +0000, The Central Authority wrote:

Depending in tap design hot and cold might be "handed". Our kitchen mono block 1/4 turn jobbie has both hot and cold turned on by moving the top of the tap handle away from you. Hot is clockwise on, cold is anticlockwise on.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
The Central Authority wrote:

Not with quarter turn ceramic cartridges. They have to be 'handed'.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Indeed - but you can often convert them by taking the discs out and putting them back the other way round.
--
Cheers,
Roger