Changing handed-ness of ceramic disc taps

OK, bath with a wall spout and separate wall mounted ceramic disc taps.
As is normal the hot and cold turn in different directions for off and one. One normal mixer taps this seems ok, but in this setup it's a little thing that bugs me as my hands want them to go the same way - like standard taps.
Before I pull one apart, Is it possible to modify one so that it turns off the same way? I assume it is achieved either with stops inside the tap in different places or the ceramic discs being aligned differently? I've never had to fix one yet, so never taken one apart before
(And yes I know I could just rpelace one of the cartridges, but a few solution would be nice:-) )
--
Chris French

chris French wrote:

Did this for a kitchen tap once (turned an arbitrary LH insert into a RH.) Can't remember what I did, but suspect the fixed disc was re-fitted at 90deg to where it started.
Pragmatically, I can't see /any/ manufacturer making different LH & RH inserts.
--
Scott

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:26:12 +0000, Scott M wrote:

Well you can get them. They are needed so that "top away" has the same action when they are either side of column on a mixer tap. It's easier to have LH/RH versions available than have plumbers dismantling things on site.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Well yes the taps come with LH and RH inserts installed and you can buy such replacements, but I think what Scott was suggesting is (and what I was getting at I guess) are they just assembled differently in some way - in his case it seems the ceramic discs aligned differently or are they inherently different in a non modifiable way.
Waiting to see if anyone else has any experience of this before I take mine apart
--
Chris French

chris French wrote:

Yes, that's what I meant - there'd be no value in making two different cases. The one I did this to a column mixer tap, FWIW!
--
Scott

Well, had a look inside mine.
There are stops inside the casing of the cartridge, which appear to be machine in that are aligned differently in the hot and cold cartridges. The fixed ceramic disc is fixed in one position (well I can turn it 180 degress, but that is no help.). . So no adjustment possible. If I want to change it then a replacement cartridge will be the only solution.
Wonder how much it annoys me :-)
--
Chris French

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 15:40:22 UTC, chris French wrote:

This is not always true. I have a tap where it WAS possible to reassemble it so as to reverse the operation direction.
If you decide to buy a replacement cartridge beware of the splines. There seem to be many variations that look almost the same but have different numbers of splines on the shaft.
John

Is it easier to learn to live with it - after all everone elses that you encounter will be in the normal opposite arrangement that you dislike.
--

DerbyBorn

On 08/01/2014 15:40, chris French wrote:

Last time I descaled one I put it back together wrong, and it came out wrong handed.
Andy
On 07/01/2014 20:34, chris French wrote:

My local plumbers merchant said that hot & cold inserts are identical - apart from the "handing". Thats the only reason they are colour coded.

replying to The Medway Handyman, YorkshireDave wrote: Fact is there are some 2000 variations of cartridges in use in taps. Some manufacturers are fixed in handedness and some are not. You have NO WAY of knowing until you strip it down.
That's why we have invented TapMedic. A universal ceramic disc tap or shower cartridge. Have a nose here www.tapmedic.co.uk. It will fix 96% of separate hot and cold cartridges in use today more easily, more speedily and cheaper than anything else available. Oh, it's also made up to a quality in Sheffield not down to a price in China...
On 29/09/16 00:44, YorkshireDave wrote:

The true purpose of homeowners hub becomes apparent. To propagate spam and snake oil products.
--
"If you don’t read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."
On 30/09/2016 03:26, YorkshireDave wrote:

At least he has the grace to include some of the text of the post he is replying to.
Unless you want to be equally flamed may I suggest you quote the relevant text you're replying to.
replying to The Natural Philosopher, YorkshireDave wrote: Says the person wearing the Emperor's new clothes who has yet to post anything constructive in nearly 10 years. You really are nothing more than irrationally aspirational...
For your information, yes I get it that for you facts would never be allowed to cloud your paradigms, my principal intent was an attempt to help people then, of course, promote.
I cannot but help notice how you hide yourself away. I'll wager you don't have mirrors in your cave either.
Get out more Mr Troll.
On 30/09/16 03:26, YorkshireDave wrote:

I have been her for over 16 years. I didn't see you around.
Johnny come lately on the commercial 'home owners hub'
Profiting out of a technology they don't own and didn't create.
I dont suppose you even know what 'usenet' is?
its shoes.
replying to The Natural Philosopher, YorkshireDave wrote: Ahhh isn't that cute of you. If you wish to try the 'who can pee highest' as a measure of your cognative superiority then you need to go back to Janet. Just so you understand the mind you are attempting to bully, I made my first purchase using the internet, pre www, in 1990. Oh, and I built from scratch in kit form, soldering every component, then programmed it in assembly language, a UK101. Recall that was late 1970s or very early 80s. That you have 'lurked' here for that long praying on young victims is an indication of your pathological need for continual validation. Please reply soon, this amuses me greatly.
On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:14:01 +0000, YorkshireDave wrote:

I don't think he is religious.

TNP knows how to quote and how to use a newsreader. Come back to us when you've learned these simple tasks.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

replying to Tim+, YorkshireDave wrote:

Tim. Your heart warming welcome leaves me overcome with emotion. YD