Latest threads in Sewageshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I have a situation where the municipality request i register a servetude to relay sewer pipes beneath my garage floor can you shed some ligh
i have been told by my municipality to register a servetude to relay sewer pipes under garage floor. The pipes are exciting ones but because they are not on the plan they require me to go this root,is...

How can you improve the venting on a bathroom sink
After using the sink there is a bad odor
3
3

replace existing toilet.
Can I assume that any new toilet will fit the existing installation ie the distance between the floor pipe and the wall?
1
1

basement drain clogs
foul sewage smell, flooding floor second time in six months and kitchen sink backed up to on both sides. i used plunger
1
1

what is a SAN TEE VENT?
My sink gurgles. I was told I need to add a San TEE vent. What is a San TEE Vent?
1
1

why do i have to hold the lever down
I have a brand new toilet and I have to hold the lever down to flush it every time
1
1

12 story condo apt,,abs pipe ok outside of wall
under kitchen and bathroom sinks, can i use abs pipe or do i have to use fire rated pipe ?
1
1

installing the right size trap for a 8 in. deep sink, replacing a 5 in. deep sink
replace a 5 in. deep sink with a 8 in deep sink. the problem is that the waste trap is to shot by 4 ins. to reach the waste pike coming out from the wall, since the new sink is 3 to 4 ins. lower.
1
1

what is the standard toilet sewer offset from the wall supposed to be?
The center of the sewer to the wall is 11.5 inches. Will I be able to find a toilet to fit the works well.
1
1

bathwaste pipe leaking for 20months,can water travel,and what damages can arise
Hi My bath and shower waste pipes are leaking for 20months,how far can the water travel ,and how far up into the walls,into the foundation,and the structure of the house,and what damages can arise due...
3
3

my cast iron treaded plug is leaking on sanitry tee cant get it out what do i do
No further details provided
1
1

Need a cheap fix for a waste pipe in the basement
The day I was served w divorce papers, I picked up a barbell in the basement and threw it in a fit of rage. Yes, I know... Well. I hit a very thick cast iron pipe that carries the toilet waste from...
2
2

I just got my incinolet toilet repaired & now the fan works but the element is not heating up.
No further details provided
5
5

my upstairs bathtub has been slow draining and sink drain backs into the tub
my upstairs bathtub has been slow draining and when I run water in the sink water comes up into the tub. It smells bad and is black.
12
12

How much will it cost me to move my septic system from the backyard to my side yard?
My fiance and I bought a home, that has a septic system taking up over half of our backyard . So, we can't expand a patio or a deck to our sliding door to the backyard from our kitchen because of it....
2
2