Faucet Genie and cross connection

Hi;

I am living in a condo at downtown Toronto. Recently I purchased Faucet Genie - hands free-automatic water faucet. I just wanted to encourage my 3 year old daughter to wash her hands more often. As it says on the web site it took only couple minutes to install. Everything worked fine. Couple of days later, The condo started to experiment a hot water problem. You should let the water run for at least 10 minutes to get hot water in the morning. A plumber investigated the problem and reported that the electronic faucet in my apartment was allowing cold water to enter the hot water riser and vice versa (i.e.. a cross connection). The Condominium Corporation held me responsible for all costs incurred by the Corporation.

My question is whether it is possible that Faucet Genie was caused the cross connection problem or not? Even if it is, who is responsible for the cost in this situation?

Yours,

-Kenan

Reply to
kenan

D McCallum

"D McCallum" "as for the cross connection problem send them packing because I can bet that one of your neighbours has a hose connected to one of their taps and is lying in the bottom of their laundry tub somewhere. Cross connection protection is the condo responsibility not yours."

I think your confusing cross connection and back flow here.

My opinion would be you alterd someone elses property without permission and caused them a hardship. You are responsible.

kenny b

Reply to
kenny b

Reply to
D McCallum

The tenant clearly caused the cross connection, please reread it again.

Reply to
kenny b