Cloudy water

Hi all, I wonder if any of you have an answer to my problem ? Recently had a new raven heat white star combi boiler fitted to my central heating system.The problem i,m having is very cloudy water appearing from the hot tap when partially open.A water conditioner is fitted before it meets the boiler.....................Any suggestions.

Reply to
Paul Harris

This is normal with all combis, think it might be the water heating so much that it gets aerated, if you leave it in a cup it goes clear after a while.

Reply to
Paul

Our new Baxi 105e Combi does the same !.

Colin...

Reply to
woodglass

This is normal with all mains pressure hot water systems. The cloudiness is just very fine bubbles. The mains water has entrained air in it. In an old style vented hot water cylinder, this air comes out of solution and up the vent pipe. With a decent mains pressure system, this can't happen, as there is nowhere for the air to go to. The air comes out instead when the pressure drops, i.e. at the tap.

Americans wouldn't notice the difference much, as they tend to have aerators fitted to taps which make even the cold tap bubbly.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle