no hot water

I think these combis work on hot water priority, since they can only deliver either DHW or CH but not both at once. In that sense it entirely normal that your CH stops working when you run the HW. I'm no expert but it may be the

2-way(?) valve that selects HW or CH that is up the duff. Others can help you out better I'm sure.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

my combi boiler is not giving me any hot water the heating works fine but when i try to draw hot water it doesnt fire up. The central heating is fine until i ask for hot water then that stops firing up aswell then when i turn hot water tap off the heating fires back up again. There is some discolouration around 4 or 5 resistors.

any suggestions????

cath

Reply to
Cathygreers

correct

. I'm no expert but it may be the

correct. or maybe the system pressure is too low. Does the pressure gauage say 1.5 bar?

Reply to
Scott

Make & model? It is possible that the flow detector is fauly but that can't be the whoel story because the burner cuts out on HW mode.

A PCB problem might be the root of it but it is more or less the last thing to be investigated rather than the first.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Cathygreers writes

Yes, give us some useful information

are these resistors still in a pack or are they on a pcb

what pcb, what boiler

for a start

Reply to
raden