Why did American Standard quit selling the Luxor?

Interesting question, Alfred. Why do companies discontinue products that some people find useful? Probably because there are not enough people willing to pay the price. The Flush-Away toilets (the American Standard 2002 and 2003 series) were very expensive at the time, very complex, used a lot of water and I would have to say, not terribly effective at what the "extra" feature did - sucking the air from under the rim and out into the drain.  I hope I don't sound too insensitive but some people, myself included, would have preferred to evacuate much more air than what the technique would allow, if you catch my drift (and pardon the pun).

You can install a wall-mounted bathroom exhaust fan like this Broan:

on the window wall. That will leave you with many more options for a nice, modern, water saving toilet.

Reply to
homeowners

Never gave bathroom venting any real series thought till now due to the fact that my present home does not have an exhaust vent, bathroom only has a window. Why didn’t American Standard just improve on it and continue selling what seems to be such a great product. My wife would be very glad to buy me one. Is there anyone in the plumbing business that sells a toilet that works on the same principle? Saw an ad in my VFW Magazine one time for a part you could install between the toilet and water tank that worked on the same principle by venting through the water holes in the toilet bowl. I would appreciate any information regarding this part if anybody else ever saw the advertisement or knows who might sell it.

Thank you

Reply to
alfred