Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Oh Happy day
Today is the first day in more than a month daytime temps are significantly above freezing. It's clear outside also. I'm tired of watching the snow ad ice on the north side of the house. Hope some of...
3
3

Mildred wears white and has puffy purple lips
This title from the Miami Herald looks like Al or Eric could have written it... :-) Mildred wears white and has puffy purple lips Name: Lc. Mildred Rives Description: A classic Cattleya hybrid orchid...

AOS Survey
Interesting. I knew this survey was coming, but hadn't checked for it. I haven't yet filled it out (will do it today), but as I looked it over one question pulled me up short. (Paraphrasing here)...
2
2

Ping: wendy
Wendy, do you like IE7? You're the only person I know who is using it so that's why I ask you. I have it on my laptop, and can't get used to the interface - becasue I don't use the laptop for...
2
2

Hausermann greenhouse visit.
I've ordered a few orchids from Hausermann's in Chicago with good success and on a business trip there this past week I checked and they were only 5 miles from where I was working so one day I spent...

Oozing from palenopsis
There is a small pin size place on one leaf edge of my palenopsis that is oozing a sticky substance. I wipe it every day with alcohol but it continues to ooze a very small drop of this substance. Does...

WEATHER - FL
Diana - Are you close to the tornadoes? Do we have any regulars in that section of Florida? I see it went thru Kissame (SP) and Orlando area before heading NE. I can not get a decent map and of course...
3
3

purchasing budded cats
I plan to visit my mother around the second week of march. I would like to either bring, or have shipped to her, 3 or 4 budded cats or large LC's. I can live with bare root, as I can pot them when I...

Magnifying glass
I have a nice 4x glass that I use regularly. Today I was looking at some orchid seed that are spread all over my greenhouse (pod exploded a couple of weeks ago) and wanted something stronger. Does...
2
2

Orchid Contest - $300+ in prizes. Check it out!
We're running an article posting contest at All you have to do is post something original about orchids and you could win! Here's more info: Sunday Feb 4th Best Orchid Information forum. Come and...

Help!
Hi there! I bought an orchid last spring. I don't know what kind it is but it's pretty hearty. Prob is, there is a whole second plant starting to grow near the top of one stem of the plant. Is there...
3
3

Pacific Orchid Expo
The 55th Annual Pacific Orchid Exposition is on February 15-18, 2007 at Fort Mason's Festival Pavillion. Also since parking is limited there please go to to find the best bus routes to the show. If...

Orchid Cleaning Tool
On Jan 27, 6:35 pm, "Gene Schurg" <> wrote: You bought an overpriced toothbrush? J. Del Col Use your My Verizon login to review and pay your bill, sign-in to pay your bill automatically, and see the...
1
1

CO2 and scale insects experiment
Drawing board having things like 1/8" sheets of acetate, welders tank of CO2, and sufficient ventilation so you don't kill yourself? Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums...
2
2

Paphiopedilum art urinal
Here is a $9,500 "art" urinal by San Francisco artist Clark Sorensen: the NY Times article: "For the High-End Bathroom, Something Unexpected" Upscale urinals that even a woman could love....