Stop me before I buy more

We bought 11 more miniatures from Andy last weekend at the OC show. What was once a classic sailboat is now a green house. Mon. am I noticed a strong sweet perfume smell and looking around I found it was coming from the Tuberolabium (Saccolablum) odoratissimum which bloomed all 30-40 flowers at once. By noon each day the fragrance is gone but this is really cool. I can see now that the potted plants will have to go to make room for a lot more mounted species.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Lorenzini

So where do you keep these on a boat? (Enquiring minds want to know)

Do you worry that any salt spray will wreck the roots?

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett

Thanks Kenni. I wondered because I remember Jay Pfahl talking about the damage to his orchids from salt water inundation during a hurricane there in the Keys. This was years ago.

Robert, if its not too personal a question, how big is the boat? I've only ever been on 30-40 ftrs and quarters seems rather tight on those to share with orchids...even minis. But what do I know? Where there's a will there's a way.

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett