Phal roots

I have a Phal that has many roots growing from the top. This phal had a problems about a year ago with yellowing leaves. I removed the bad leaves and repotted the plant. Since then it has grown several healthy leaves but no flowers.

The roots on top are very thick and healthy looking. They branch like a tree. I have several other phals. They also have air roots but nothing like this.

Does this indicate any particular issue with the plant of is it normal? When I water this plant should I spray the roots?

thanks

Reply to
Jane

Here's what it looks like:

Jane

yep. take plant out of cache pot; put in sink; pour water generously over aerial roots.

drain thoroughly, then put back in cache pot. i'd do all this first thing in the morning so the crotch of the leaves has time to dry before dark.

i have one that grew all its leaves in one direction, and a pile of roots flowed over the pot rim in the other direction.

it was actually kind of cool. :)

(are you jane from the 'geeks??)

--j_a

Reply to