Phal Air Roots Question

I have a Phal that is growing air roots like crazy. What does this mean? Some of the air roots make the media. Here they burrow in. For these, the part of the root above media dries out but the part in the ground stays green and grows deeper. I have a clear plastic pot and can see the air roots continuing to grow in the media. The plant also has regular roots, but these seem to not be increasing, the air roots are.

I mist the air roots occasonally. Could the plant be reverting to air roots for nourishment at the expense of its media roots?

Phal plant is very healthy. Lots of new leaves and air roots. A flower spike is already well on its way.

Thanks for any answers

Vito

Reply to
uncle_vito

it means your plant is happy and well-adjusted to its natural role as a jungle, tree branch epiphyte

Reply to
Marios Giannakoulias