Subject Author Posted Replies

extension cord
I need a short 24 to 36" extension cord for my submergible sump pump,what should i be looking for,an appliance grade cord or what? thanks
7
7

OT If you like gimmicks?
11
11

Thermostat question?
I had my old heat/ac system replaced a year or so ago with a new Rheem heat/ac system. I noticed the other night that it was cold in the house. I checked the thermostat and it said "replace the...
27
27

Two Stage Evap Coolers
Local University has the following surplus for sale for $500. I live in a dry hot summer environment and wonder if they are prone to more than the average amount of maintenance/repair. I have about...
5
5

Gas Stove/fireplace problem
Had to install a gas shutoff valve on the back of a direct-vent gas fireplace (free-standing ornamental stove) to meet code but now the main burner seems to be acting strange. Sometimes it goes out or...
1
1

car buffer
What's the best route to go for polishing and waxing a car. I see three possibilities at Harbor Freight (as an example). A 10" random orbit polisher/buffer for $20 that looks like a direct drive...
3
3

Landlord facing assault charge
Sounds like it was with consent. No case .
8
8

What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools left outside
Toolbox was left outside for a couple of months (forgot about it). What's the best way to get this surface rust off? Do you just wipe and soak in oil? Do you use a special formulation? How do you...
85
85

The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, E17 Intermediate Base Bulbs, and the switch to GU10.
The GU10 base appeared a few years ago so that MR16 sized lamps could operate on 120 volts safely and without using a transformer or electronic power supply. Functionally, the "twist and lock" base...
1
1

New Tool
Well, new to me, anyway. Probably just ignored previous notice because of the prices. In Harbor Freight's circular promoting their Sidewalk Sale March 8-10, they have: 12" Sliding, Compound,...
23
23

pluming below level of septic mound
I am looking at a house that has a full bath and a wet bar in the basement that is considerably below the below grade from the septic tank. What do I need to make sure is in place to ensure waste...
5
5

a second-hand fridge
On the People' s Court today or yesterday, someone bought a second hadd fridge and was satisified with how it worked, at first. He said one has to use it for a day to see if it's really working, after...
7
7

OT - New Math, Pizza Coupons
I received a couple of coupons from a local pizza chain today: $3 Off! Regular Price - $23.00 Sale Price - $19.99 $3 Off! Regular Price - $18.00 Sale Price - $14.99
4
4

Don't try this at home
Storing ammo in an oven is a bad idea. A Tampa, Florida lightly wounded due to ammo exploding in her oven.
5
5

Washcloth down bathtub drain
So I had a plumber over to my condo unit (2nd floor) to fix a toilet issue (water spot on ceiling of unit below me). That night, no joke, a baby wash cloth went down our bathtub drain. I have tried...
21
21