Wire for new lawn mower

just bought a new lawn mower that only says its an 6.5 amp motor. I have a wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

Reply to
novel

a wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

Yes, it should be OK, it's 2X the min.

Reply to
trader4

Sure...it's half the rating and that's pretty short cord.

Reply to
dpb

that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

That sounds like a 16 ga cord. 50 feet down that cord you will lose a tad over 3 volts, not a big deal.

Reply to
gfretwell

that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w...

feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

No problem at all. The good thing is when you run over it and cut the cord in half you won't get zapped too much 'cause it can't carry a lot of current!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

have a wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

Yes, it should be OK, it's 2X the min.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

It should be OK Marry Student at Olivet College of Business snipped-for-privacy@olivetuniversity.edu

wel3kxial1

It should be OK Marry Student at Olivet College of Business snipped-for-privacy@olivetuniversity.edu

Stormin Mormon

wire that says 13 amp, 125v and 1625w....would that be good enough to use on this mower for the length of about 25 to 35 feet? Its a small back yard lawn 16' wide.

That sounds like an awfully short cord. I have an electric and I use a 100 ft (12 ga) cord for a relatively small yard. Are you sure that it will reach far enough?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

I have the same, which works with most things. Got to figure in my 85 foot run of 10 ga feeding that 100 foot extension.

Greg

Reply to
gregz