Lawn Mower Belt

Hi

I am trying to find out what length of belt I need for Mastercut 21" lawn mower (made by AirCap Industries), Model No. UP200/9821 C139C. The mower is self propelled hence why I need the belt length or item no.

I bought the mower at a yard sale and it this is the only thing that is wrong with it, no doubty why it was being sold. :-)

I checked on the web and found a goodyear equivalent belt, which I bought. When fitted though the belt was too long :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers David

Reply to
David

Marsha

Take a 1/4- 3/8 inch rope and tie it around your pully's where the belt would normally go ..Tie the rope tight and have the pully's slack adjuster adjusted so that there is still room for expansion as the new belt replacement will expand with wear. After having the rope tied to the pulleys, loosen the slack adjusting pully and take your rope in to any hardware store that sells belts, they'll put your rope on a adjustable belt sizing chart that will determine what size belt you need. Hope that was of some help....Jim

Reply to
Jim

You might want to check NAPA - they have a lot of cross-reference charts. They have provided me with belts in the past from make and model#.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

Be sure you get a *power rated* belt.

SJF