Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Sleepless? Blame the smartphone
Article from LEDs are especially problematic according to the article. The article mentions something called f.lux that is supposed to help by gradually altering the light coming from our gadgets.

Boat load of GMO corn for sale cheap!
Someone please buy our toxic GMO corn. Those rumors about leaky gut intestinal problems are lies! Please help Mega-Agro Corp CEOs make more money....
27
27

Frigid Temps Threaten Blackouts On Texas Power Grid
The proud state of Texas actually had to import electricity There is money to be made from such emergency situations. Power prices capped out at $5,000 per megawatt-hour Monday morning. The average...

reprogram rainsoft softener if electricity went out?
How do i know if my rainsoft water softener is working properly if my electricity went out? Will I need to reprogram it or not?
1
1

Stayin' Warm
Sure takes a lot of firewood when it's only 3* outside . But we survived last night , even though the water supply is frozen . I sure am glad I have an onboard fresh water tank and a pump ! This is...
68
68

Why would a DECT Panasonic cordless phone keep losing the wireless link?
Any idea why fully-charged DECT Panasonic cordless phones would keep losing their wireless link lately? They're not at all far (fifteen feet) from the base and, this loss of signal only started...
44
44

NiZn Batteries
I got tired of replacing teh alkaline batteries my LED flashlights were eating so started using NiCd. Then discovered they are only 1.3 volts and don't work well and didn't last long for powering LED...
2
2

The Writer Automaton, Switzerland - A 240 year old doll that can write
The Writer Automaton, Switzerland A 240 year old doll that can write, a clockwork creation by Pierre Jaquet-Droz, a Swiss watchmaker http://www.chonday.com/Videos/the-writer-automaton
2
2

OT Taxes: who pays what
I noticed a lot of political stuff here, so I thought some of you might be interested in this. Annual [1]summary of the latest federal income tax data broken down by income percentile (the IRS...

Energizer AA cheap
They are running a deal. By 2 packs of 8 AA. It cost me about 13 bucks. You get a 10 buck Walmart card back after entering the codes in the battery package.
42
42

Millers Falls Cat. No. SP666 Model B 1/2" impact wrench parts diagram???
Looking for same; can't seem to find anything online. Anybody know of anywhere where there's a repository of old Millers Falls doc's? Thanks for any leads...
4
4

What's a great way to clean surface of new stainless steel fridge - keeps rusting!
This is a new Kitchenaid 'built-in' look stainless steel surfaced fridge. The mfgr recommended some brand of SS Cleaner carried at Walmart, but Walmart doesn't carry it, nor any of the stores nearby....
25
25

GE Dryer, press start just hear a humming sound
I just hear a humming sound when I press start. Model is dpsb620ec4ww. How do I pop the top off so I can inspect the belt? What else should I look for? Thanks.
18
18

OT: Snowblower Feet/skids
Anyone familiar with the 2 cycle snowblowers is aware they have height adjusting metal skids or feet on each side of the auger housing(at least my Craftsman does). Those feet eventually grind down and...
25
25

steel dustpan to hep prevent distribution of soot and dirt
I was reading my furnace manual and I came across this. It says for my upflow furnace, a Carrier 30 y.o. oil burner (no boiler), model 58HV085: "Upflow models are equipped with steel dustpan to hep...
5
5