Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Coleman Stove Fuel Tanks -- how to get rid of 'em?
Hello all - I had an old - VERY old - Coleman camping stove in the basement. My parents bought it in the late 50's or early 60's, and it was probably used only a few times and then put away. It been...
14
14

More candy for the sugar industry in recently approved farm bill
yup, the right is all for the free market EXCEPT when it works Its not a sexy issue. Indeed, with last weeks passage of the farm bill, little can be done about it now, but the inequity, audacity and...
6
6

Another brave man stood his ground against loud music
Murder trial begins for Florida man who fatally shot teen during loud music spat The killing of the unarmed 17-year-old Jordan Davis, who was black, has bee n compared to the Trayvon Martin case....
23
23

Lamp Post Trips GFCI
Hi, I have a lamp post that trips my GFCI in my powder room. It seems to happen when the ground is wet. When this GFCI trips it effects all bathroom outlets and one bathroom light. I was told the lamp...
5
5

EU has secret plan for police to 'remote stop' cars
We already have this in the US. It's called OnStar.
13
13

I bought a Moto G from Motorola, and it doesn't come with a CHARGER!
Have any of you bought the $200 Moto G smartphone? Did yours come with a charger? If not, what size charger do we need to buy? My 16GB Moto G came from Motorola (not from Google Play) and it arrived...
32
32

Best place to drill holes for cables?
I'm going to install network cable like in this guide (this guy is installing coax cable, but the idea is the same): When drilling a hole in the floor between two walls, should I put the hole in the...
18
18

Christie body guard arrested on gun thief
12
12

Candidate Running For Congress In Four Different States
gotta love republicans I suppose this is the political version of keeping your bases covered: Allan Levene isnt absolutely convinced of his chancesin the GOP race for the congressional seatnow held by...
4
4

OT, It Made Me Laugh, Again!
I came across this video in my bookmarks and it's been a while since I watched it but it made me laugh again. Laughter is the best medicine. ^_^ TDD

Doorknob in MIDDLE of door
brought next idea : It can't be deleted, USENET is forever, or until it dies.
13
13

Walmart Stumbles on SNAP; Warns of Lost Profits
Do you know the real reason? "Regarding U.S. same-store sales for the companys fourth quarter, ending Friday, Wal*mart said it expects sales, excluding fuel, to be slightly negative to its earlier...

SHOCKING: 97% of foodstamp cuts to target just 15 blue states, including California
there is a horrifying twist on the $8.7 billion cuts to food stamp cuts that passed the Houseand which will soon face a vote in the Senate. Almost all of the food stamp cuts come from 16 states and...
12
12

OT: Pete Seeger
The Usual Suspects unloaded their Usual discharge of [noun] on the grave of this great, good, decent, inspiring, gifted human being. His memory and his music will live on long after the Usual Suspects...
3
3

Cold weather raises driveway
After maybe a week of temperatures continuously below freezing, day and night, my driveway raises well above the level of the garage's concrete. The baking soda box is 2" high. The edge of the...
39
39