Subject Author Posted Replies

outdoor wooden handles
I need to treat some wooden handles --- rakes and shovels ---with something. Linseed oil takes too long to dry so what else can I use? Thanks for any rfply
7
7

Disturbing trend
Of late too many posts have actually been about repair. This is not in accord with this NG's unofficial policy. To get us back on the track, please visit: and click on: "Statements we say are...
1
1

My gift to those of you still running Win-XP: The ability to get Microsoft updates for 5 more years
Ok, I've been too hard on some of you. So for those of you that haven't caved to peer pressure and are still running Windows XP - a gift: The ability for you to continue to receive updates, patches...
31
31

Is it alright to us Pro A/C in R22 system?
Oreilly Auto sells Pro A/C for recharging auto AC. What happens if Pro A/C is put into household system designed for R22?
6
6

Repairing patches in the dry wall.
I have a hole in my dry wall due to a leak in my roof. As it is a simple repair I decided to repair it myself instead of contacting some 'house painting contractors' ( . But now I am in trouble, first...
14
14

Painted Radiator
Our house has old-fashioned cast iron radiators warmed by hot water from th e boiler. We're painting one of the rooms in which the radiator has been pa inted over with flat latex wall paint to match...
26
26

Gfci tripping when I turn on a tv on a different circuit!
Really this is happening. When I turn on a plasma tv upstairs a downstairs Gf I trips! Tv cooke's on just fine! The gfci that is on a different circuit trips only when the tv has been used for at...

Cen-Tech 1000W Inverter Questions
I bought this inverter at you-know-where. I will be calling the tech support number given in the manual, but I thought I'd run my questions by you folks also. 1 -When I power it on, the fan starts,...
30
30

OT. EBAY hacked.
There is a notice on their homepage saying all users should change their passwords.
32
32

fuel pump in Kohler CV engine
I have a riding mower with a CV-12 engine. Sometimes it stops as if out of gas. If I remove the gas cap and wait a moment, a stream of bubbles from the fuel line will bubble up through the fuel. Then...
6
6

Gfci on a different circuit tripping when I turn tv on!
I have a gfci on one circuit that trips when I turn on a tv that is on another circuit! This only happens if I leave the tv off for exended period of time like 24 hours! I can not repeat this if I...
5
5

Pool pump motor conversion to dual speed - update
I replaced a 1 hp full speed pool pump with a dual speed pump with the goal of hopefully substantially reducing the electric power used. I was concerned if the pump would startup and work with the...

Speaker repair
I've got a lot of big, small and medium speakers that have blown out over the years. Typically I take them to the attic where they usually make pretty good bookshelf supports. In the spirit of...
56
56

Mixing latex paint with concrete
Is it possible to mix black latex outdoor paint with saccrete to give the c oncrete color? I know there are some poweders you can buy for color, but I cant find the exact shade. Also, I know this is a...
24
24

Tap and Die question
I've worked with tap and dies often throughout the years (more tap than die). The charts which come with tap and die sets provide drill bit/hole size for tapping but if I want to thread a rod, what is...
5
5