Subject Author Posted Replies

Front stoop support columns are soaked !!
Hello I'm painting my front steps and the stoop. The paint has been flaking off t he bottom of the support columns, when I peeled it off the wood underneath is waterlogged. This isn't the result of...
4
4

Idea for outside window molding.
I am contemplating putting 1/2 inch insulation sheet on top of tar paper wr ap to increase r value and decrease the noise of my ac outside my bedroom. My window has and integrated channel to hide the...
2
2

XP registry hack DO NOT USE IT
An XP registry hack was posted here to extend the updates on XP , The hack modified the registry to list the product version as XP embedded. I tried it on my old XP machine which I don't use anymore...
36
36

Phone line out, DSL line in.
I have DSL, which of course uses standard copper phone lines. (All 4 wires, or just the red and green?) Phone line out, DSL line in. Phone is always busy to callers from outside. No dial tone for me,...
14
14

DIY shower pan?
Besies not doing this, any thoughts on building a wooden shower pan? I have a small cabin that has space at a premium. My bathroom has enough room for a 24"x24" shower pan. My idea is to build a pan...
13
13

concrete & masonary waterproofer ok for wood?
Cut some wood stakes for staking tomatoes and need to treat them with something so they don't rot so fast. All I have around is Behr Concrete and Masonry waterproofer. Will it work ok on wood?
3
3

Cost of appliane parts
Last august I replaced my 5 year old dishwasher because the pump motor asse mbly failed. Its cost 350 bucks. new dishwasher 500 bucks. I am sorry I did take it to the scrap yard, my new dishwasher has...
21
21

Noisy evaporative cooler
My evaporative (swamp) cooler's front grill (part within the house with vents, controls, etc.) vibrates noisily making a loud annoying buzz after the cooler runs for several hours. If I press hard on...
7
7

Sheetrock , Jack !
This morning I designed and started building a jack mechanism to install sheetrock on the ceiling of my house . This afternoon I finished it and used it to put up 2 sheets . It's nothing fancy , a...
8
8

Pool Wiring Question
A friend is having a heated pool installed. He has a breaker panel outside near the pool. He was told that per NYS code, the wires that go run through his basement from the exterior panel to the main...
11
11

OT Ignored email problems
Too often I have problems with companies and organizations ignoring my polite emails requesting information concerning a problem. Like ClickandBuy is ignoring my email and web site contact messages...
10
10

Tick control
I seem to have more ticks than usual this year. Someone told me you could use a dog flea and tick collar around your ankles to eliminate the problem.What do y`all think of this? Has anyone ever tried...
12
12

Window help
I need to replace the window on my vinyl sided house. I took the window out temporarily and measures the square of the window that fits into the rough opening. It measured 31 9/16 wide x 71 9/16 tall....
32
32

Honda GX200 3000 Gasoline Generator Fuel Leak.
Hi Ive got this generator and use it when we have power cuts. Yesterday we had one so i went to fire it up and smelt petrol. On further inspection is was pouring out at the back of the fuel filter, im...
3
3

OT NSA-proof search engine takes on Google
Maybe they will add searching Usenet. Google managed to screw up it's Usenet search. If they manage to do it correctly they might start eating some of Google's lunch.
28
28