Subject Author Posted Replies

What to do with an unused artisian well.
We have an artisian well on our property that is no long in use but it has water that continues to come out of it that is making a soggy mess in our yard. Whatever the water should be doing or...
6
6

What bug is this, deux
What bug is this? It looks like a Cheerio, but it's medium dark brown, and the circle isn't quite complete. A robin has been eating a lot of them in my yard, right after I mowed it (the yard, not the...
5
5

Natural Gas From House To Shed: Aboveground?
We've got piped-in natural gas and I'm tempted to convert my little generator to use nat gas so, in the event of an extended electrical outage, we'd be covered fuel-wise and be out from under the...
30
30

Leaky Compression Sillcocks for Washing Machine. Any reason not to solder on Sillcocks?
Yesterday my tenants had a new washing machine delivered. The sillcocks were leaking after they were turned off and back on the installer tried to fix them but couldn't. So the tenant went and bought...
9
9

OT: Flex Seal Clear Roof Leaks
Has anyone used Flex Seal to repair an asphalt shingle roof leak? If so did it work?

OT: What bug is this?
Anyone know what this little bugger is? I've seen a few of them in my home lately and I don't know if I should be concerned. Thanks https://www.flickr.com/photos/18223943@N06/14129883539/...
6
6

Every Kid needs one of these to take to school to play with at recess.
2
2

Digital box w/o paying ransom
If I ever get cable again, I don't want to be held hostage to big monthly rentals for Verizon's digital box. Is there a reliable way to buy a box that is sure to work for Verizon (tfui,tfui,tfui)? HB
13
13

fixing latex goof ups
I used a product called Miracle Sand that I got at Tommy's Paint Pot. It worked great, I was able to repair and sand the run. I used a fine grit sand paper. Just follow the directions.
1
1

Attic wiring-Adding flooring
Is it OK to drill round holes in the flooring where house wiring crosses the joists so that there is no pressure on the wires at those points? Between the joists the wires would be pushed slightly...
23
23

Soft toilet seat.
I am getting yet another one of these. Personally I am fine with the cheap plastic or wood ones. I have seen a wood one break. Wasn't mine and I can't remember now where it was. A piece actually...
39
39

TV reception
I use an RCA HDTV antenna. Sometimes I get electronic static. It is usually with stations just outside of the range of the station. But it also occurs with stations which are withing range. Would it...
14
14

Water Valve Leak: Miraclous Cure?
Copper pipe to a valve under the kitchen sink. PVC from the valve running under a sun room and to the wall of the house. Another valve at the wall, and then maybe 20' of PVC out into the yard. Valve...
6
6

Front stoop support columns are soaked !!
Hello I'm painting my front steps and the stoop. The paint has been flaking off t he bottom of the support columns, when I peeled it off the wood underneath is waterlogged. This isn't the result of...
4
4

Idea for outside window molding.
I am contemplating putting 1/2 inch insulation sheet on top of tar paper wr ap to increase r value and decrease the noise of my ac outside my bedroom. My window has and integrated channel to hide the...
2
2