Subject Author Posted Replies

Alright, swampers
I'm putting up two on my shop. Are the devices that dump the water every day worth the $40? Do they work? Any other devices that work and are worth the money? Steve
18
18

Riding ZTR recommendations
I'd like a small ztr mower. What would be a good one, not a wimpy toy, but not a high priced monster. Saw one today, a Walker, I think, that was about the right size. Are the Toro, or similar smaller...
1
1

Craftsman DYT 4000 backfiring constantly PLUS battery does not charge
As in the subject line--the v-twin, engine (Briggs and Stratton type 445777 0168 E1) in my DYT 4000 backfires constantly when running and the battery doesn't charge. I've tried various things with the...
7
7

door swing prevention
I'm trying to find something that will allow me to have my upvc back door ajar without swinging and banging in the breeze. I have found lots of door stops that will hold the door far too wide open,...
6
6

How to cut a Jolly Ball in Half Cleanly
I'm making an integrating sphere to measure lumens and I need to cut a 14" Jolly Ball in half along the seam. Any ideas on how to rig up a jig to do this? This guy did it but I can't figure out how to...
4
4

Replace part of a siding panel?
One of our siding panels (plywood with vertical grooves) has a section that is "squishy." It's not a full panel, as it has a window opening cut in it. Even assuming that a replacement panel would have...
16
16

Software for landlords
I regularily take pictures of dirt and damage left behind by tenants. One of the hassles I have to deal with is resizing all of the pictures I submit to the government of Manitoba to get approval to...
9
9

Fake cold air return
Discovered today with standard AC check that the house we recently purchase d has fake cold air returns. Vents are there (high on walls) but at floor l evel they are sealed shut with wood. Wondering...
21
21

house stucco: What are these dark grey splotches?
I was told a pressure washer was the best way to remove these big spots...? however, I was able to remove most of the spot with a large brush. Reaching the higher spots may be hard with a broom/brush....

dishwasher overflow [sink] calking/sealer
what is the normal sink-top cauking used here? [the old broken dry caulking is off to the left] and, what could I substitute here? maybe make a rubber gasket of some kind, underneath the white round...
1
1

Patching Asbestos Siding Shingles
There are a couple of those old asbestos siding shingles on the back of our house that have craters gouged out of them; looks like they got hit with a baseball or something. Any suggestions on what to...
4
4

Half of all Canadians live in sod houses
Half of all Canadians live in sod houses that they built themselves from logs and sod they cut themselves.
4
4

Half of americans can’t afford their house
So what exactly are your american residential mortgage rates these days? Here in Canada, the typical home mortgage is between 1.99% and 2.99%. Your US rates are confusing, because unlike here in...
25
25

Steel bathtub repair
I have a 30 year old steel enameled tub, which the floor was chipped years ago. The chip is rusting to the point of worrying about it leaking. I was hoping to get a remodel job done by now, but such...
3
3

AC checkout/tune up $89 a good deal?
One of the big HVAC companies in the area has a coupon where you get an AC checkout, cleaning, etc for $89, including 2lbs of free refrigerant (not necessairly freon so Stormin doesn't have a fit)....
13
13