Subject Author Posted Replies

Another pressure tank question
The pressure tank switch kicks on at 52 psi. Should I inflate my new tank to 50 psi. Thanks!
29
29

property with "no" water
My wife and I have been searching on and off for a place with several acres but in the same general area. Fairly recently, I saw a place with 4 acres and we went to view the interior. To our surprise,...
96
96

Pressure tank without shutoff valve
First call, longtime listener. I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I don't have a shut off valve from tank to well to drain the tank. If I turn off the breaker to the well pump, will this...
45
45

Landscaping and Gardening
Another chapter of The Complete Book Of Pitfalls The Law of Hopeless Landscaping, sometimes known as the Law of Copeless Handscraping, is made up of three parts as follows: 1. If you plant little...
1
1

Electric Weed Whackers...
Hello all - I'd like to get an electric/corded weed trimmer. Doesn't have to be battery-powered, my extension will reach everywhere I need to go with it. Any suggestions on good products? There's a...
3
3

window crank ID?
My gf's house has a planter window -- sort of a bay window over the kitchen sink. It has an unusual crank ... and it's broken. Neither the local Ace nor either the blue or orange box carries anything...
9
9

Need to add another drain line to the air handler emergency pan
Hello, My Air Handler is unlevel (I cannot level it due to the installation) and the water is pooling to one end. I am going to fix the main drip pan (I think it has a leak) with Henry Premium...

Cleaning clothes iron
Clotghes iron sometimes gets stuff stuck on its sole, which makes ironing iffy, Today I saw a product for $3.99 + tax that consisted of two tubes -- use one entire tube for each cleaning -- that...
1
1

LED trim: friction blades vs. torsion springs
Hi, I just purchased 2dozen new construction recessed light cans (Progress P87-LED 6 In. LED New Construction Recessed Housing). I didn't notice that they have NO clips on which to attach the torsion...
1
1

Interesting artice on energy conservation
4
4

OT - knee replacement surgery
I am scheduled to have my left knee replaced in December of 2014. I have been told two things: A.) That I will be able to kneel on the artificial knee after the surgery, but it will feel awful to do...
32
32

Any easy/cheap way to determine where restriction in water service may be?
Hi all, Friend's house, complaint is that it is literally impossible to use more th an one appliance or faucet at any time due to low water pressure. Asked me if I had any ideas, I said I'd look at...
10
10

What will stick to this?
A couple years ago I use VGB, or something like Very Great Bond to stick glass to cloth and it worked very well, but I just tried using it to stick neoprene to hairy cardboard, and it wouldn't stick...
1
1

What sticks to neoprene and Lexan. Cutting Lexan without a workbench.
What's a good thing that comes in a tube that fits in a caulking gun (caulk maybe but not necessarily) that will stick to rubber or neoprene and Lexan (polycarbonate)? That is black, tan, or clear?...
3
3

How to finish off this space
Hi, I left some space under my kitchen sill: It's the space with the onion. Now, I'm brainstorming about a way to finish it off. I'd like not to lose the space. Any suggestions? Perhaps there are...
5
5