Subject Author Posted Replies

Ground settling under block wall
I have a 5-foot by 40-ft block wall. A 5-10 feet section at one end is not supported due to ground settling and the mortar has given way. Both pieces are still solid. My concern is that the top...
5
5

Homelite string strimmer tool
Where can I find a tool for adjusting the carburetor for a Homelite string trimmer. I can not find one like this. Have found lots of other similar carb tools. This adjustment screw has a round head...
12
12

Removing old fence post
The fence post I thought was broken off near the bottom, under ground, turns out to be broken off just above ground level. The post still in the ground seems to have turned into dirt. What do you all...
8
8

crumbling block wall under porch slab
I have about a 2' wide area that the blocks are no longer supporting the sl ab. Basically the sidewalk was tilted toward house and water rested against the wall. I lifted the sidewalk, but not sure if...
4
4

When will it arrive?
I ordered something online and I love watching tracking** but I've never signed up for monitoring before. **Watching tracking is like watching a horse race, except I always win. The Fedex tracking...
37
37

hammer heads
I somehow acquired 6 claw hammers, but I can't find any of them. Is the head on a ball peen hammer the same as the head on a claw hammer? I assume so but Idon't like assuming.
23
23

Refrigerator Crushed Ice Dispenser
I have a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with an ice and water dispenser built into the door. The ice dispenser has worked well over the years but r ecently my wife started making smoothies, crushed...
7
7

My car goes jingle, jingle, jingle.
Shifted my car into gear for the fist time since the accident. When I went back to Park, heard noise like gears messhing, or synchronizers not syncing. What does this indicate? A serious problem?...
10
10

OT Poor lost flies!
When I get in my car I feel so sorry for the flies that join me. Surely they get very upset when the door next opens. That "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto" feeling. Where am I? My wife...
4
4

Raccoon
Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for ages. Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes his water dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window giving on dark yard;...
66
66

under mounted kitchen sink Sealer ?
what should normally/usually be used to seal this counter-top & sink ? [it appears the previous owner may have done a hasty job] thanks marc http://i.imgur.com/uY4FLHb.jpg...
4
4

inline backdraft damper for kitchen exhaust?
Thermador recommends an additional inline backdraft damper for cold weather installations. From page 4 of their installation manual: COLD WEATHER installations should have an additional backdraft...
9
9

Bathtub Faucet Replacement.......How?
The handle that diverts water from my shower faucet to the shower broke off in my hand today. I purchased a replacement piece but I'm not sure if I am reading the instructions correctly because I...
9
9

What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 class 10 micro SDHC memory cards
I want to buy a 32GB memory card for my new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I see "Type 1 class 10" and "Type 2 class 10". Googling, I see they use the word "type" for card types such as compact flash and...
27
27

Flashlight module for home repair
I returned the failed Teralux extreme 5 EX module, the one that over heated. Bought another one. Put the module into a mini mag, and put in Ni MH cells. Left it turned on, for half an hour. Still...
13
13