Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood panel repair
I am looking for some ideas on repairing or hiding a large hole in some paneling. Hole is about 8 x 12 inches. Paneling is no longer made. Hole is not in between studs. Thanks, Andy
22
22

Stray Droppings Worms?
An unknown neighbor lets their dog free to defecate on other lawns. The person in my house who took care of the yard recently passed away. So I'm wondering, would chlorine, benzene or plain ice salt...
3
3

Wainscoting and water
A few years ago we remodeled a bathroom and used wainscoting on the lower part of the walls, including below a hand-towel rail. Now I see that that portion of the wainscoting is deteriorating, the...
12
12

OT Idiot lights-out drivers
The police here could give a damn. Collect enough chips though and in sub-zero temps cracks start running between them. I suppose someday the windshield in my pickup will fall out on my lap.
537
537

The Most Expensive Pay Phone Call in History
You'll need a VERY LARGE Wallet to make this call.... (Or a fleet of Semi-Trucks filled with Dimes). http://www.thisisarecording.com/z/248-771-0023.mp3
39
39

(Floor) tile patterns
We're laying tile throughout most of the living areas (not bedrooms, carpet is warmer on bare feet!). I think the tiles are 14 or 16" square (not keen on unwrapping a pallet to measure). I'll be...
7
7

Drywall taping strategy
What are the relative pros/cons of tackling drywall/taping job in little pieces vs. the whole shebang? E.g., I can hang board, tape, skim coat, sand, etc. in a room-at-a-time before proceeding on to...
3
3

OT Good mid-range printer scanner
My old HP printer/scanner has died and I need to get a new one. Will be ch ecking Consumer Reports, but also wanted some opinions from this august bod y. I don't need any fancy features such as...
41
41

National do not call list
ply with the do not call list? s marked private. they called during my dinner. om was a single parent. the church posted the donation amount inside the ch urch. we were broke....... e and my family...
36
36

*Sometimes*, you get lucky!
"You" have to be "one" of "the" most boring individuals that post here! Tedious, ad nauseum.
9
9

Is there a way to identify PEX pipe?
Last summer I was at a farm auction, and bought a whole stack of plastic pipe. Most was rolled up, but a few were unwound and thus messy. No one was very interested, because the stack was pretty messy...
13
13

Can stack effect be stopped with negative pressure?
Is it possible to stop the stack effect (rising up of warm air causing dirty crawlspace air to be sucked into living area) by installing an exhaust fan in the crawlspace (obviously all vents are...
12
12

Where you old electronics go
Must see video. bob wirelessdesignmag.com
3
3

GFCI Wall Outlet Question
Hello, Do the typical GFCI wall outlets also serve as an (additional) circuit breaker in that they will "also" normally trip if the current draw exceeds the typical 15 amps ? Thanks, B.
5
5

OT HL 2240 Brother toner cart problem
I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried...
7
7