Subject Author Posted Replies

Interior door installation
I had some problems with an interior door installation. The existing frame already had previous hinges. So I cut out new areas in the new door for new hinges. When I mounted the door, it would not...
17
17

OT 12 year Gin Project
Plus water. If you'd like less water, in Mexico, they used to sell bottles of what I remember being called "aquardiente" which were in the range of 180+ proof for $0.50 per liter. Been a while :)
111
111

Toshiba 22C1000U LCD TV - No Signal
Great little TV until this morning when it indicates "No Video." I went thru all the setup menus but nothing for troubleshooting or setting for video. I moved it to another connector with a good...
9
9

Weird nose from washer
My washer has started making a weird noise only during the spin cycle. It isn't a grinding sound, but loud, vibrating sound. And only during spin not the rest of the time. Any ideas?
20
20

Which will you choose
Trump or Cruz Robert Reich Endorses Ted Cruz | Power Line
8
8

installing 15 amp cabinet lights into a 20 amp circuit
Thanks. Yeah, the old kitchen was long overdue for a remodel. They lived there 50+ years, but when we gutted the room we could see framing for different windows indicating it had been remodeled at...
106
106

Getting old is no fun
Prepping the swamp cooler for summer. Unlike last year, the calcium scraped off easily in the pan! Changed one cooling pad and it wore me out. I'll have to do the others in two steps - remove one day,...
115
115

Tracking down AFCI faults
Gentlemen and women: I am not sure if you all remember, but I had the circuit breaker panel with the bad aluminum feeder cable that was shooting sparks. We finally put the new panel in yesterday -- by...
43
43

Oven-Off for cleaning fireplace doors
I happened to see a spray can of oven on the kitchen counter today as I wal ked past on my way to the rec room where our fireplace is located. Instead of the stuff I usually use to clean the glass...
10
10

Total Solar Eclipse coming
The Next eclipse begins in 15 Days 17 Hours 1 Min 18 Sec Total Solar Eclipse Mar 8, 2016 at 11:19 PM UTC Total solar eclipse on Tuesday, March 8 – Wednesday, March 9, 2016: Where and when is the Sun...
2
2

coupler vs extended lengths for EMT
I've got a ~20 ft (possibly longer, I'd have to check) run. I can piece together two standard 10' lengths of EMT with a coupler. Or, try to find a supplier for the extended lengths available, locally...
11
11

pocket doors
Whoever invented pocket doors must have been laughing to himself when he considered the poor slob who has to repair them. My 1967 house has three pocket doors and I have had to fix all three in the...
13
13

Words of Wisdom, regarding Harbor Freight tools . . . . .
If your Doctor uses Harbor Freight tools to do your heart transplant, be sure to order a coffin first. Just make sure the coffin was not built with Harbor Freight tools!
20
20

Stove gas line
How many inches can a stove gas line be away from the wall when it comes up in the kitchen? In my kitchen it is about 6"from the wall and then elbows and shoots the wall, elbows and that's where the...
3
3

Wendy's restaurants are dangerous.
A Florida man has been arrested for aggravated assault after he allegedly threw an alligator through the drive-thru window of a Wendy?s fast-food restaurant. Josh James allegedly picked up the 3.5ft...
1
1