OT stranger than fiction ...

A local story that defies belief ....

Our ancestors threw down some timbers to get a path through a muddy area - and it's treated like an archeological find ! People lined up yesterday to get 2 foot lengths of the rotting old timbers ! Geeeesh. It's not like it was an historic building or sunken ship or something ... John T.

Reply to
hubops

Now days, the people would likely be jailed for environmental damage. Damaging a wet land.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Had a similar experience here:

There is a rental property abutting my side yard.

It was not bothering me, but they had a small pile of rotting wood in the yard that had been there for years. It was overgrown and not really noticeable.

Yesterday I saw some workmen in the back yard who I initially thought were hired to clean up.

What they did was construct a fence between the property and mine.

Rather than putting it on the property line, they moved it in and left about a foot between my property and the fence.

Yep you guessed it, that's where they threw the old wood.

I suppose I should have tossed it back over the fence but what the hell, there was not that much so I put it in the trash.

Now I realize I threw away valuable antiques!

Reply to
philo

Congrats on publishing. Hope it is a success for you. Sounds like it has universal appeal, but is a "must" for locals.

Good luck with sales. I will look into to it also.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski