Subject Author Posted Replies

Snowblowers
Does anyone have experience with Troy built snowblowers. Lowes sells them and they seem to be built better than the other brands that I've seen? Thanks
34
34

Honeywell Thermostat Unused Wires/Terminals
I just got a Honeywell CT3611 programmable thermostat for my Ruud multistage heat pump. While labeling and connecting the wires, I discovered to my horror that my old Ruud thermostat had two...
1
1

Spider web fuel blockage
I've got a lawn mower powered by a B&S Quantum XTE 5-HP engine which is fuel starved. I'm suspecting fuel starvation caused by a spider web because in the same shed my gas can filler spout also got...
5
5

Soft Type L Copper: OK for Shower Hot Water?
I'm replacing the shower only 2-handle faucet fixture and since the plumbing is 43 years old I'd like to replace the very green hot and cold water 1/2" copper supply lines to it at the same time. Is...
11
11

Mice, Questions about D-Con and Traps
Seems that every time around the first cold snap (Wisconsin) I have problems with mice in the house. I presume they find a way into the house to escape the cold. I'll be sitting there watching TV and...
3
3

how to poly windows?
I am in the process of applying polyurethane to some new windows. The instructions call to apply poly onto the glass by about 1/16" in order to form an airtight seal. In case anyone is wondering,...
6
6

caulking
Can anyone recommend a solution to this problem. I installed a new shower kit two years past an very three months or so I have to clean/replace the caulking. I used 35 year mildew resistant caulking...
4
4

roof: 10 yrs old, rusty nails?
I had to take off part of a roof that we put on about 10 yrs ago, and found a fair number (but not all) of the nails were showing considerable rust. It's a hip roof, about a 40-degree pitch, and the...
2
2

roofing: valley, ice dam questions
We have a hip roof, with dormers. We put in open valleys when we did the roof, about 10 years ago, and the exposed rolled roofing in the valleys is deteriorating pretty badly. I've been told that...
2
2

repair of squirrel damage in attic
What type of material do I use to repair a one foot by four inches hole in attic caused by squirrels?They ate through the side of the attic above a gutter where there was no siding.I want to make a...
2
2

Craftsman garage door opener entry pad
Have model 129.53664srt. Can anyone please tell me how to start over on the keyless entry pad to get in without remotes? I have had this since 96. I lost the old password and want to start over. There...
1
1

kitcken sink backing up
I have a kitchen sink upstairs and downstairs. When the sink upstairs drains, it backs up into the downstairs sink. Is there any cheap way to fix this? Someone mentioned to me you can get a one way...
1
1

cleaning Tile
I am trying to clean the grout in two bathrooms . The grout is white but has turned to a tan color. I have tried TSP, over the counter tile cleaners, Bleach none of these have done the trick.I was...
2
2

Maytag Stove Noise
I have a 15 yr old Maytag stand alone stove that makes a clicking/chattering noise when the oven is on. I had the clock/timer mechanism replaced a few months ago because it was constantly making a...
7
7

Sprayed on Drywall Finish Repair; Help Please
Drywall mechanics and my insurance company are debating the best way to repair (or better to replace???) the heavy sprayed on acoustic ceiling type finish in my family room where the leaning tree...
1
1