Spider web fuel blockage

I've got a lawn mower powered by a B&S Quantum XTE 5-HP engine which is fuel starved. I'm suspecting fuel starvation caused by a spider web because in the same shed my gas can filler spout also got blocked. Wondering if there are any methods short of pulling the carb completely off to remove that web. Will anything dissolve it?

*************************************** delete "nospam" for e-mail reply ***************************************
Reply to
Jim Strand

What symptoms does your mower display?

I can't imagine a spider making a nest in a fuel system. But I can imagine it making a nest in an air intake system.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well no fuel reaches the cylinder. And there are many of those ultra mini spiders around it.

Curious what products might dissolve spider silk without wrecking the rest of the fuel system?

Reply to
Jim Strand

I"m thinking mechanical removal. take the fuel line off. Run a piece of wire thrugh the fuel line, etc.

Dissemble the carb,a nd clean that out with carb spray.

Remind me again, Briggs or Tec? Is the gas tank over the carb or under it?

Does the motor run for a couple seconds on a snort of ether on the air cleaner?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Briggs. Am planning on having to disassemble things. That is if we ever get a dry day that coincides with my day off.

Reply to
Jim Strand

Pretty much did just that to get it working. Ran a wire into every space inside the carb throat. Nothing worked until I did the same inside the primer bulb. Then it fired right up.

Reply to
Jim Strand