B&S lawn mower stalls

My Briggs & Stratton Quantam XRM 6.5 hp engine on a Snapper body stalls out. I prime the bulb 5 times, pull the rope and it starts right up. No sputtering, no coughing, no shaking, just smooth running. It lasts for just over 1 minute and then it calmly dies. If I prime it again, it will not start. I did it the next day and the same thing happened. I did not have the time to try to see how soon after dying that it would start. I have done this three times now. Had not had any problems with it previously. It was left out in a light rain for about a half an hour to an hour a few days before this started happening. Any ideas?

Reply to
solidroque

First thing to try: Loosen the gas cap and see if it still does it. It sounds a bit like vacuum lock of the fuel system. If the loose cap fixes it, find the pin hole on your cap and clean it.

Reply to
DanG

Second thing to try: pull the air filter - will it run without it?

-- Oren

Oren