Subject Author Posted Replies

steps for sealing up whirlpool bathtub?
We have a whirlpool bathtub, and we never use it. We clean it all the time (run a hotwater bleach mixture) and it always has these little brown flecks of crud in it. We'd like to seal it up, where is...
1
1

Cold air return vents
When my furnace is operating ( heat mode ) the blower motor on high, the cold air return vents make a howling noise,( in my bedroom ) due to the suction of the blower motor, pulling the air thru the...
11
11

prep for stone exterior
Have I got this right? inner to outer order: plywood 30# felt 1/2" foam sheets with taped joints 1" air gap stone Looked at Building Science site, but getting mixed up. One place seems to say use...
2
2

A Question for a GFI guru
Had a funny one happen yesterday. The kitchen garbage disposal was running, but sounded like it was full of scrap iron because one of the rivets holding a flail onto the macerating disk had loosened...
4
4

Marble Floor
I have a marble floor in a bathroom and it has become very dull over the years. Any way I can make it look good again? Thanks. Pat
2
2

Working with Plexiglass
I've never worked with Plexiglass before but need to put a beveled egdr on a piece of 1/4" thick material. What's the best way to do so: sand it on, shave it one with a plane, grind it with a Dremel,...
6
6

HVLP sprayer questions
Hi all, Thinking of purchasing a HVLP sprayer and am wondering about a few things... basically just how useful it will be.. Can it be used to paint something as fine as house trim (with some...
5
5

window filter
Hi, What is the best window filter, specially against cigarette smoke? Thank you, Val.
3
3

Subpanel wiring question
Installing sub panel. Can I use #4 USE conductor indoors? How about if it's in conduit? (3-#4 conductors+ground) thanks.
6
6

Chimney repointing?
Hi folks...my roof sprang a sudden large leak a few rainstorms ago. The water is coming in at the end of the roof sheathing where a dormer is cut in, right next to the chimney. There is no visible...
2
2

4 cycle lawn mower engine question
Thanks for all the help and hints that you don't know you have given us! Here's our question(s). We have a Craftsman power propelled lawn mower. Bought in 1995. Only been run for maybe 3 hours tops....
7
7

Sealing wood cracks? ? ?
I'm replacing some exterior flooring on a porch and want to seal the joints and cracks with a silicone caulk. Problem: Some of the joints are quite large. I need to put some sort of filler in the...
3
3

lawn question
how do i get rid of clovers and creeping ivy from my lawn. It`s only in small patches not over the entire lawn.
9
9

Toilet won't flush without holding down handle
I recently replaced the flush valve and ballcock for a customer with a Fluidmaster kit - have done this many times before. Now the toilet won't flush completely unless you hold down on the handle to...
4
4

Thermostatic Weather Head
Hi, My heating system comes on whether its cold outside or not in the spring and fall, before it really gets cold. Does anyone know if its possible to connect an external weather head to a home center...
6
6