Working with Plexiglass

I've never worked with Plexiglass before but need to put a beveled egdr on a piece of 1/4" thick material. What's the best way to do so: sand it on, shave it one with a plane, grind it with a Dremel, or ...?

Thanks! Steve Ignots

Reply to
SIgnots

A router is best, but the other ways may/will work. Try on a sample first.

Richard Kaiser

Reply to
Richard Kaiser

Depending on how much there is to do, I'd use a plane. If there is a bunch, a router. Planed edge will be smoother.

-- dadiOH _____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

youi can probably use all three, but watch out for heat from the friction of the dremel tool.. you gotta go with a slow speed or it might melt in the area of the friction and mess up the bevel????? hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

Thanks to all! I don't have a router and I have only to bevel about 2' so I will try the plane route. Steve Ignots

Reply to
SIgnots

cut it on the tablesaw that way initially.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Reply to
Bob Bowles